U.S. Customs Looking to Ban Most Pocketknives!

PDA

Picard
June 12, 2009, 12:09 AM
I had to put this in legal forums, since it technically is a legal issue, and I fear that not enough people read the knife channel on this forum.

While I know that this is not directly gun related, another front of the .gov's attack against the people's right to keep and bear useful tools. I had to make it aware to you guys, in case any of you didn't know.

U.S. Customs and Border Patrol are looking to reclassify most folding knives as switchblades. I know that many of you, if not all of you guys, carry a good folding knife with you at all times so this will effect all of us. The website that I will link to has info on how to take action against this.

The deadline to comment on this is June 21st! Act Now!

For more info: http://kniferights.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=76&Itemid=150

To make this more gun-related :p what do you think of this thing?
http://www.laserlyte.com/Pistol_Bayonet/PB-1/PB1-0ss.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "U.S. Customs Looking to Ban Most Pocketknives!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BHP FAN
June 12, 2009, 12:12 AM
I want one!

Deltaboy
June 12, 2009, 11:48 AM
Yea we had a case in Texas that seems to have banned AO knives.

oron
June 12, 2009, 03:23 PM
First of all'
Can i get one for my XD.:D
Just arived to In. from Az.:eek:
for those who know Az. laws. S.Bs.,
Are legal to buy-carry in bars in your boot.:D:D
Without Lic. Took awile for shock to ware off:what:
But if you mess up with one ie
.1 aggressive action.
.2 armed criminal intent.
.3 just being a a-hole.
they will bust your ASS IN A HEART BEAT.
It's not the tool, but the person behind it. Attitude:D:D:D
And yes those i owned, went down with my boat.
In the hot tub event:(:(:(
oron:D

SodiumBenzoate
June 12, 2009, 09:01 PM
Whatever Customs ultimately decides to do will only directly affect importation. There are several US manufacturers of assisted-opening knives. That said, apparently some states don't actually define a switchblade in their own laws, and this could be a problem in those states.

ConstitutionCowboy
June 12, 2009, 10:04 PM
See what kind of crap that comes from Congress abrogating its power (unconstitutionally, I might add) to bureaucrats?

Woody

Yo Mama
June 12, 2009, 10:05 PM
Buy American.

Gunnerpalace
June 12, 2009, 10:23 PM
Whatever Customs ultimately decides to do will only directly affect importation.

NOT from what I read, From CCRKBA Note, please, that CBP's interpretation of the Federal Switchblade Act forms the basis for national, state and even local law and judicial rulings in many cases. This ruling by CBP is NOT limited to just imports. This WILL affect virtually everyone who carries a pocket knife, no matter the type!

JohnBT
June 12, 2009, 10:25 PM
"NOT from what I read, From CCRKBA"

But have you read the actual proposal? I did. I suggest you read it for yourself.

John

rbernie
June 12, 2009, 10:30 PM
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=454143

If you enjoyed reading about "U.S. Customs Looking to Ban Most Pocketknives!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!