Puerto Rico Firearm/Weapon Laws For Visitor

PDA

razorback2003
June 12, 2009, 12:56 AM
I am planning a trip to Puerto Rico in several months and it is looking like it is difficult to legally bring a handgun to Puerto Rico due to New York style licensing for possession. It seems like there are ways for non residents to get a license, but is it possible for a vacation trip for hotel protection? From what i've read, it seems difficult for even Puerto Rican residents to get true carry licenses.

If a handgun is not possible what about a long gun? If a long gun is not possible what about at least good pepper spray or knives to carry in public?

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Puerto Rico Firearm/Weapon Laws For Visitor" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Match14
June 12, 2009, 01:56 AM
http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/

Click on Puerto Rico, I hope this helps.
From the reading it suggests you contact the superintendent of police.

Prince Yamato
June 12, 2009, 03:44 PM
I've been curious about this too. I'd love to go to Puerto Rico someday and moreover, I'd love to bring a gun with me there. I just like the idea of having a gun with me wherever I go. There's something about it that makes me feel like I'm an ambassador for liberty.

If you enjoyed reading about "Puerto Rico Firearm/Weapon Laws For Visitor" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!