5.56 NATO Piston Upper for AR

PDA

cyclopsshooter
June 12, 2009, 02:25 AM
I am starting an AR build, can anyone direct me to a good supplier of piston driven AR upper components?

Thanks-

If you enjoyed reading about "5.56 NATO Piston Upper for AR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sarduy
June 12, 2009, 02:27 AM
check cmmg & bushmaster

Big_E
June 12, 2009, 02:38 AM
POF and LMT i think has them. Ruger is also introducing a gas piston AR so I do not know if they plan on selling uppers and stripped lowers or if they will just sell the complete rifle.

Sweden
June 12, 2009, 10:57 AM
Call Matt/Marcey at NorthwestTactical.us.com and get yourself on the wait list for an LWRC. I've got three and soon to-be four.

gvnwst
June 12, 2009, 11:25 AM
Do you want a conversion kit, or a completed upper/rifle? For a rifle, check out the aformentioned POF or LMT, they are superb.

SHvar
June 12, 2009, 11:56 PM
Depends what you are looking for. LWRC are expensive, Im sure very nice.
POF and Bushmaster are the same rifle, and piston system, minus POFs fluted barrel, and a few other specialty parts. POF has some more tricked out rifles beyond the M-4 model that cost more, and have a nice nickel coating on the receivers.
Bushmaster has a contract to make the POF gas piston system and Im sure the actual rifles (considering POF cannot import the parts from their Pakistani factory, but Im sure has the facilities to do coatings, and assembly here).
LMT has a gas piston rifle, in the monolithic rail platform only. Its definitely a smaller lighter built piston system.
Take a look at them on their websites, and see which fits what you are looking for.

If you enjoyed reading about "5.56 NATO Piston Upper for AR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!