SPS Tactical .308

PDA

Rodeo Trash
June 12, 2009, 02:34 AM
I am looking at purchasing the SPS Tactical in the .308 cal. I live in Utah. I want to use it for hunting and for target shooting. I want to learn how to shoot at longer ranges. Average range here is anywhere from 200 up to 400 hundred yards. I feel comfortable with those ranges. I have researched the sps and want to know if it is possible if not already done to have it glass bedded and to add an extra bipod stud a little further back to solve the problem of the forend touching when using a bipod.

If you enjoyed reading about "SPS Tactical .308" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
June 12, 2009, 12:38 PM
You might have better luck in the "Rifles" forum.
This is "Firearms Research" - IE: History of old or obscure weapons.

However, I wouldn't fix it if it isn't broke.

Remington isn't in the business of selling tactical rifles that need repair before they will shoot off of a bi-pod.

I'd suggest you get the rifle, scope, bi-pod, and some Black Hills or Federal Match grade ammo and see what it does.

Most reports I have seen indicate sub-MOA accuracy right out of the box, on a bi-pod.

At any rate, if it turns out the rifle is defective from the factory, you don't want to void your warranty by glass bedding it & drilling extra stock holes before you find that out.

rc

If you enjoyed reading about "SPS Tactical .308" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!