SPS Tactical .308

PDA

Rodeo Trash
June 12, 2009, 03:15 PM
SPS Tactical .308
I am looking at purchasing the SPS Tactical in the .308 cal. I live in Utah. I want to use it for hunting and for target shooting. I want to learn how to shoot at longer ranges. Average range here is anywhere from 200 up to 400 hundred yards. I feel comfortable with those ranges. I have researched the sps and want to know if it is possible if not already done to have it glass bedded and to add an extra bipod stud a little further back to solve the problem of the forend touching when using a bipod.

If you enjoyed reading about "SPS Tactical .308" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
June 12, 2009, 03:20 PM
Dup threads running:
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=455948

rc

P.B.Walsh
June 12, 2009, 03:22 PM
You can fix the bipod problem by sanding down the from part of the stock (the aluminum bedding block part).

I thought that Remington discontinued these, did they open production back up or something???? Please tell me the darn truth!!! :)

Pat4x4
June 12, 2009, 09:25 PM
search my name.. I have posted tons on this gun.. so has redneck40 and many others.. graet gun.. mine shoots sub .5 moa with match ammo, All I did was clearance the front of the stock and turn the trigger down.. the houge is a VERY tight fitting stock with the aluminum pillars.. Hard gun to beat

If you enjoyed reading about "SPS Tactical .308" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!