going hunting in about an hour

PDA

interlock
June 13, 2009, 01:24 PM
right guys,
In about an hour i am going deer hunting, I am going to hunt roe bucks in a warm summer english woodland. The birds will be singing, i will just drop into the woods and become a part of it. i will hunt how you call still hunting, we call it stalking.

I will wear lightwieght camo kit, a big hat to keep the sun off my bald head. and i will carry a great example of american rifle making into the field. My remmy model 7. i will use an american bullet, sierra pro hunter. and finnish powder viht 140.

so all you guys that are sat in your offices and sneakily checking out the high road: eat your heart out!!!

:)

interlock

If you enjoyed reading about "going hunting in about an hour" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DRYHUMOR
June 13, 2009, 02:49 PM
Good luck to you.

~z
June 13, 2009, 02:55 PM
Here in the states (Texas) it is Saturday and I just got back from hunting. Hope you did better than I did, No piggies this morning, just a few nurtia.
~z

.45Guy
June 14, 2009, 12:30 PM
I envy you sir! I was trapped at work from 12am-4pm... Though when I get out of here this afternoon I WILL be heading out. There is nothing like having a pile of crop damage tags for white tail.

Grizfire
June 14, 2009, 12:56 PM
Any luck interlock?

interlock
June 15, 2009, 02:10 PM
Hi guys,
Had a great evening, plenty of deer around took a 2 year old (estimate) buck from 170 yards. hanging in the garage now

thanks guys

inter - the office -tomorrow

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
June 15, 2009, 02:14 PM
Nice; I'm extremely jealous of your summer hunting season! :)

kit_kat
June 17, 2009, 10:38 AM
Wow! you sure had a nice evening..

Hmmm, what will you do with that hanging piece in your garage now? lol!

hardluk1
June 17, 2009, 11:08 AM
How much that deer weigh. What was it, your version of a white tail??

interlock
June 18, 2009, 04:23 AM
they are a pretty small deer wieghing about 50 lb. mainly a woodland animal but now being foound throughout the uk and in open arable country increasingly. they are fairly closely related to your white tail i believe.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff91/ukroehunter/ROE1.jpg

this looks like a quite young animal, maybe 2 years old. it's antlers have all thier points, they would thicken up and get heavier pearling as the animal matures.

we hunt roe bucks from april to november, does movember til march. fallow bucks and red stags august til april. muntjac at any time. Summer hunting is very nice- but the woods are very dense!

interlock

hardluk1
June 18, 2009, 02:11 PM
At 50lbs they are a little bigger than the small Key Deer we have in s.e. fl. at the top of the florida keys.

If you enjoyed reading about "going hunting in about an hour" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!