.41 Colt 1871/75

PDA

wyofool
June 13, 2009, 02:47 PM
I have been having trouble finding information on this old revolver. It belonged to my Dad and I have had it since he passed away some 30 odd years ago. I remember him using it to shoot blanks at the ECV get together's back then. It has a hair trigger and is really unsafe to shoot. I've heard that it can be adjusted but since I don't think I would ever use it I haven't had it fixed. I do have about 20 rounds for it but they too are 40+ years old. If anyone out there has any info or some links to info I would be grateful. The SN is 248XXX. Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about ".41 Colt 1871/75" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim Watson
June 13, 2009, 02:54 PM
Made in 1903, has been reblued.

I don't know anybody to recommend by name, but it is a standard SAA gunsmithing job. Might require the full cock notch on the hammer to be welded up and recut at a maximum.
If you know anybody in Cowboy Action Shooting, there are a number of shops working on single actions these days, and he could recommend one.

wyofool
June 13, 2009, 03:11 PM
Thanks Jim, I'll look around, you would think here in Wyoming there would be a lot of Cowboy shooters. And that was quick, 7 minutes!!

rcmodel
June 14, 2009, 02:19 PM
Try Bozeman Trail Arms in Livingston MT.

http://www.bozemantrailarms.com/smithpage.htm

rc

Iggy
June 18, 2009, 09:15 PM
You might check with Frontier Arms in Cheyenne. 433-0807

611 E Lincolnway.

If you enjoyed reading about ".41 Colt 1871/75" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!