Looking for a good Texas ranch to hunt on this November 2009

PDA

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
June 15, 2009, 03:13 PM
Planning a hunting trip for myself and hunting-noob buddy who lives in Austin, for deer & hogs, for November 27th-29th, 2009. Just a one-time hunt, preferably free range, but I suppose I can do high fence if it's a huge area and very natural looking.

The lease/ranch needs be either within 45 minutes of Austin to the West, North, Northeast, or South, OR within one and 1/2 hours or so to the east/southeast of Austin, since I will be coming up from Houston to meet him on Thanksgiving day or the next day.

Looking for nice accomodations, high success rate, beautiful non-littered natural scenery, good guide, chance for trophy bucks & boars, but the latter is the least important requirement of those mentioned. Cost is not a big factor, but don't want to spend a fortune either.

Any recommendations?

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for a good Texas ranch to hunt on this November 2009" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for a good Texas ranch to hunt on this November 2009" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!