savage arms model-25 .22 S.L. & LR octagon barrel pump action

PDA

MSPIII
June 18, 2009, 11:37 AM
I am tring to figure out the value of this riffel. savage arms model-25 .22 S.L. & LR octagon barrel pump action. I am unable to find any info in google searches. I am new to this site and not sure how to post a picture.

If you enjoyed reading about "savage arms model-25 .22 S.L. & LR octagon barrel pump action" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim K
June 18, 2009, 01:43 PM
In like new condition, $350+. In average used shape, around $150.

As with most .22s of that era, there is some collector interest, based mainly on nostalgia.

Jim

MSPIII
June 18, 2009, 07:25 PM
hey thanks for the info. Im just amazed that i cant find any info on the net for that rifle.

Jim K
June 18, 2009, 09:59 PM
Mostly a net search will pick up guns on auction or sale sites. When a gun is rarely put up for sale, and there is only moderate collector interest (and hence few books or articles), a net search will not find much.

Jim

Brent2172
June 18, 2009, 10:35 PM
Hi MSPIII,
On 5th June 2009 I posted a thread seeking information on my old Model 23C bolt action 32/20 Savage rifle as I had been unable to find much information on it. rcmodel replied with some helpful information but apart from that I couldn't find any useful details on the net either. Maybe it is just a Savage thing as opposed to say Winchester which has an abundance of information available.

regards

Brent2172

Ron James
June 19, 2009, 12:54 AM
The Internet only has limited information. This is where books come into play. The Internet is not the source of all knowledge.:barf:

MSPIII
June 19, 2009, 08:40 PM
yea i saw your post brent but you guns is very different. Damn savage!!!.

Brent2172
June 20, 2009, 02:22 AM
Hi MSPIII,
Yes, I know your rifle is a pump action .22 whereas my riflle is a bolt action Savage - I've got two of them both in 32/20 - I put a 4 power scope on one of them and the other I shoot with the open iron sights. I haven't had them that long and have been shooting factory ammo - I got a set of Lee dies and am waiting for my gunshop to get me some 32/20 brass and cast projectiles then I will experiment with some reduced loads - I generally only plink with my rifles so reduced loads are fine.
With your pump gun I have a Winchester Model 61, slide action, in .22 WRF , octagonal barrel and a low serial number (3xxx) which puts it's date of manufacture as 1932 according to the Winchester records. 22 WRF ammo is a bit hard to get here in Australia but it is imported from the USA and I am waiting on some from my gunshop at the moment. The Winchester records are easier to find than Savage but I still like the Savage rifles that I own.
regards
Brent2172

MSPIII
June 20, 2009, 05:51 PM
yea i like it. I havent shot it yet, it was my fathers so its kind of a family heirloom. I am in the process of cleaning and reconditiong it. Hopefully it will be with me at the range soon.

If you enjoyed reading about "savage arms model-25 .22 S.L. & LR octagon barrel pump action" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!