witness 10mm?

PDA

Antihero
June 21, 2009, 03:42 PM
So i just read that the newer Witness 10mm arent really strong enough for the double tap stuff, is this true? What else would my options be for a 10mm that is only gonna shoot the higher powered heavy 10mm stuff?

If you enjoyed reading about "witness 10mm?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mr.Revolverguy
June 21, 2009, 03:45 PM
Glock 20 or 29

vogski
June 21, 2009, 03:57 PM
S&W 10XX series

Glock 20, or 29, but you will have to buy an aftermarket barrel (only $100 though).

Antihero
June 21, 2009, 03:59 PM
So i take it, it is true that the newer Witnesses cant hold up to the heavier 10mm stuff?

Antihero
June 22, 2009, 12:16 AM
to the top

ReloaderFred
June 22, 2009, 12:41 AM
There have been a few reports of slide cracks on the newer Witness 10mm pistols on the CZClone Forum, but the slides were replaced under warranty.

I don't own any of the new Witness configurations, but I have a whole shelf full of the older ones in all the calibers they offer, plus a couple they don't. The older Witnesses are plenty stout for the 10mm.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Antihero
June 22, 2009, 01:17 AM
There have been a few reports of slide cracks on the newer Witness 10mm pistols on the CZClone Forum, but the slides were replaced under warranty.

I don't own any of the new Witness configurations, but I have a whole shelf full of the older ones in all the calibers they offer, plus a couple they don't. The older Witnesses are plenty stout for the 10mm.

Hope this helps.

Fred

It does, thanks. I really like the option of having an 15 rounds of near 41mag power on tap in the woods, and the witnesses fit my hand wonderfully.

I guess ill look for a used one, or ill have to go for a Glock, whoch ive never been a fan of.

CZF
June 22, 2009, 02:29 AM
Buy a older one and you should be fine.

Gunfighter123
June 22, 2009, 02:30 AM
Get the EAA Witness Elite MATCH -- I think that ReloaderFred has one or two also -- I have two , one in 10mm and they are the BEST BUY in the 10mm market.

Do a search for Witness Elite Match here and you will see that EVERYONE who owns one , LOVES THEM !!!

Gunfighter123
June 22, 2009, 02:33 AM
http://eaacorp.com/handguns-witness-elite-match-description.html

You can find them online for under $550 new in box !!!

If you enjoyed reading about "witness 10mm?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!