Sling reco's

PDA

frayluisfan
June 21, 2009, 04:47 PM
Hey, all.

Have a FN .308 semi (FNAR). Would very much appreciate any recommendations on slings. I plan to use it mainly for hunting.

Thanks, frayluisfan

If you enjoyed reading about "Sling reco's" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ZombiesAhead
June 21, 2009, 06:37 PM
Do you want leather? Nylon/Synthetic? One or two-point? Military-style or hunting?

I just like a cheap, $10-$15 black nylon two-point on AR's...Nothing wrong with that.

frayluisfan
June 24, 2009, 03:44 PM
I'd like nylon, rather than leather.

I don't really know anything about the Buck Rodgers stuff that is all the rage now. All I've ever used is the standard hunting sling. But the rifle (FNAR) with it's 20-round magazine may make a standard sling impractical. I'm open to the more cutting edge stuff but don't know anything about it.

Thanks again, frayluisfan

rcmodel
June 24, 2009, 04:59 PM
I have a couple of these and really like them.

http://www.butler-creek.com/products/quick_carry_slings.html

Good for carry, or a hasty shooting sling.

Adjusts to whatever length you want, or completely tight for storage with one hand.

Not very high-speed low drag, or TackyCool though!

rc

ZombiesAhead
June 24, 2009, 07:17 PM
Well if by "standard" you mean a traditional two-point, I'm sure it will work fine. I have used such slings exclusively on "tactical" type stuff including AR's, AK's, FAL's, Mini's, etc, etc, etc all with 5 to 40 round magazines.

ralfus
June 26, 2009, 03:09 PM
I like the neoprene slings like this http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/allen-yukon-neoprene-sling-w-cartridge-thumb-loops-black.aspx?a=431454
walmart usualy has them for around $10. I dont care for the cartridge loops but for shoulder carry its the most comfortable sling I've ever used. The neoprene absorbs all the bounce as you walk and sticks to your shoulder like glue rather than slide off.

frayluisfan
June 26, 2009, 10:18 PM
Many thanks to all! Appreciate you taking the time. Will probably go sling shopping tomorrow. :-)

If you enjoyed reading about "Sling reco's" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!