EAA Witness 10mm

PDA

Lamont
June 21, 2009, 07:52 PM
Just put a witness 10mm on layaway, havent shot it yet but i like the way it feels in my hand, whats the recoil most like 357 mag or 44 mag?

If you enjoyed reading about "EAA Witness 10mm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ljnowell
June 21, 2009, 10:12 PM
With off the shelf ammo? About like a .40 Short & Weak. With handloading or some of the better ammo from makes such as Buffalo Bore you will get much better performance. I still wouldnt rate its recoil as high as .357 mag with full power loads.

Mal H
June 21, 2009, 10:53 PM
I agree with ljnowell. Mine doesn't feel like either of the revolvers you asked about. It is, as he said, more similar to a .40 S&W or maybe a .38 +P in a large frame .357 revolver, not a snubby.

I generally have a 22 lb spring in mine, but depending on the loads, I also use anywhere from a 20 lb to 16 lb spring. The recoil spring makes a big difference in felt recoil.

ReloaderFred
June 21, 2009, 11:26 PM
I've got a couple of 10mm Witnesses, and the only one that really has what you might call recoil is the Compact, with full power loads. The regular Fullsize Witness is very pleasant to shoot.

Hope this helps.

Fred

longhorngunman
June 22, 2009, 12:01 AM
The all-steel witness ain't light, it will soak up the recoil just fine. With full power 10mm loads it will SOUND like a cannon though. +1 on going to a heavier 22lb recoil spring if shooting full power 10's. It will still zing brass into the next county.:)

CZF
June 22, 2009, 03:31 AM
It would be equal in power to a .357 ( or hot .38 Super) IF it was .38 cal.

That magic .40 number is what makes the powerful and accurate
10mm so endearing to us owners.

If you enjoyed reading about "EAA Witness 10mm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!