'No Guns for Negros' film released by JPFO

PDA

OurSafeHome.net
June 25, 2009, 12:11 AM
"No Guns for Negroes " (http://jpfo.org)

FREE DOWNLOAD/VIEW (http://jpfo.org)

This film exposes the racist history of American gun control laws. Every person who supports gun control laws must be shown this film or gun ownership will cease to exist in America.

(Mr. Moderator, please put this in the correct forum area if this is not it!)

If you enjoyed reading about "'No Guns for Negros' film released by JPFO" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DHJenkins
June 25, 2009, 10:33 AM
Exposes how? I'm pretty sure everyone already knew about slavery, the civil rights movement, etc...

The current gun restrictions apply to everyone, regardless of race.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with the speaker, but the black/white issue is incidental to RKBA in 2009.

I did appreciate finally getting some sources for the statistics on crime prevention, though, so thanks for that.

(And I think this is more of an activism post than a legal one)

OurSafeHome.net
June 25, 2009, 10:47 AM
You are correct, this should have gone in the activism forum, not the legal forum.

Mr. Moderator, a little help, please, sir?

The best use of the film is to have your "anti" friends watch it, then ask if they want to continue to support laws that have these deep racist roots.

Shalom, baby!

P.O.2010
June 25, 2009, 04:22 PM
Race is still an important factor when it comes to laws which restrict the ownership or carriage of weapons because if you can show that a particular piece of legislation was passed with the intention of supressing or victimizing a particular group it becomes that much easier to either strike the law down or have it repealed.

A prime example would be New York City whose gun control laws which were initially targeted at the Irish, the Italians, the blacks and others who were viewed as being, if not subhuman, at least more prone to commit crimes than their supposedly good and upstanding Protestant neighbors of English, French or Dutch descent.

Americans of all races and religions need to understand that laws which prohibit the ownership or carriage of firearms by peaceable adult citizens have nothing to do with reducing crime and everything to do with expanding the size of government (by making you increasingly reliant on the Police for starters) and ensuring that you don't have the ability to say no...and mean it.

t165
June 25, 2009, 04:38 PM
I have on this forum, and other firearm forums, asked the question that if the 2nd Amendment was a god given "right" above and beyond mankind then why is it only a little over 200 years old and why wasn't some races of men in America granted these rights at it's inception. Is it perhaps God isn't perfect after all and had to correct himself. The question always gets ignored. It's more of a tongue-in-cheek question than anything else and I'm not trying to insult anyone's religion. Just a little food for thought.

esq_stu
June 25, 2009, 04:38 PM
The racist history is not relevant to gun control today. But it is still important.

Some people, when made of aware of the history of gun control, might begin to question its meaningfulness in light of this history. Thus, this history is a tool to be used in opposing gun control.

Some are likely to recognize the connection between gun control laws and many other laws - that they are really for controlling people as much as they are for controlling conduct. The same can be said of the coming energy tax and health care legislation. They are more about control and less about the benefits they purport to offer.

No argument will convince every doubter. But the more arguments the better.

CoRoMo
June 25, 2009, 04:39 PM
P.O. has it right.

Control can be racist, but it is always control. The elected elitists look at you and I in the same light as blacks were viewed, in regards to gun ownership. They would greatly prefer that we be denied the right to own and carry because their control becomes unfettered.

The question always gets ignored. It's more of a tongue-in-cheek question than anything else and I'm not trying to insult anyone's religion.

Maybe you've answered your own question.

OurSafeHome.net
June 25, 2009, 04:54 PM
if the 2nd Amendment was a god given "right" above and beyond mankind then why is it only a little over 200 years old and why wasn't some races of men in America granted these rights at it's inception. Is it perhaps God isn't perfect after all and had to correct himself.

My god (YHWH) affirmed what we would now call 2nd Amendment rights about 3,000 years ago. Where have you been? ;-)

t165
June 25, 2009, 11:22 PM
Well OurSafeHome.net, I'm only 46 so I wasn't even born for 2954 of the years you mentioned. But I have been right here in the United states for the last 46 years. And I don't know what the acronym (YHWH) represents. Computer/texting slang is not my speciality.

And if you better define which one of the hundreds of different gods that have been worshipped over the last 3,000 years that you happen to believe in then I shall research his role in the devine affirmation of the ancient 2nd Amendment. I have to admit...I've never heard that one before.

I have a friend who steadfastly believes Dinosaurs were around 2000 years ago because that is what his religious beliefs require. I'll ask him if there was a Biblical 2nd Amendment which granted ancient "Club" carry rights to humans at the time to fend off Dinosaurs. He's a nice guy and I tend to aggravate him. :rolleyes:

Government at it's core is all about control. And Religion is another form of Government. Either way you cut it, the laws of God or the laws of man, it's all about tyring to tell people how to conduct ourselves through the course of our lives. If you don't behave you will go to jail or hell...maybe both. Unless some religious lunatic tries to behead you first for insulting whatever god he worships. CONTROL!

t165
June 26, 2009, 12:52 AM
EGAD! I just googled "yhwh". What a convoluted mess. The next religious war may soon break out over whether or not this is the "real" name of god or jesus or somebody in religion. I'm not asking...I don't care. I do not want any explanations. Christ...I just had a damn Jehovah Witness freakoid visit my subdivision this weekend tyring to convert me. :barf:

dillynfw
June 27, 2009, 11:59 AM
Come now, comrrrrrrade! Glorious anti-fascist imperialist gun laws have been applied to non-workers paradise concentration camps, errr, Section 8 Housing projects.

Magnanimously, there is NO gun violence there. Correct comrrrrade? Soon whites, hispanics, and the brotherhood of man in general will experience the same level of safety and freedom as those we have inhumanely crammed, errr, allowed to live in housing projects.

Oh, also we helped the Native Americans through this difficult period to achieve proletarian wonderment!

Art Eatman
June 27, 2009, 12:09 PM
Gone wandering...

If you enjoyed reading about "'No Guns for Negros' film released by JPFO" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!