NRA flashlight

PDA

alanwk
June 25, 2009, 08:31 PM
I received an offer from the NRA that if I renew now (9 months early) I would receive a tactical flashlight. Do any of you know if this is a decent flashlight? And is it worth doing this? Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "NRA flashlight" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Animal Mother
June 25, 2009, 08:54 PM
A flashlight is kind of like a pair of scissors, even if you just put it in a random drawer in your house, it will end up being useful at some point in the future.

If you are going renew anyway so you might as well take them up on it.

I'm sure the flashlight is nothing special, but hey, its a free light.

DeepSouth
June 25, 2009, 08:56 PM
If you are going to renew anyway, why not do it now and get the light. If it is junk, then you have lost nothing being as you were going to renew anyway. right?

I have a friend who gets a annual membership and ALWAYS lets it expire so he will get the newest gift. He always renews it fairly soon, maybe they are finding people like him and trying to keep them in in all the time.

Geneseo1911
June 25, 2009, 09:08 PM
alanwk-
I went ahead & prepaid 2 (or maybe 3, I don't remember) more years on top of the 2 I already have in order to get said "tactical flashlight". It is about what you'd expect it to be...the kind you can buy for $10-15 at your local hdwe. store. Don't get me wrong, it's useful; mine has found a home in my cleaning toolbox so I can inspect bores without getting up & getting one of my good lights. It's an LED, so it will last a long time, but it runs on 3 AAAs, so it's not super-duper bright.

Renew early so you don't have to worry about it later, not to get the mediocre flashlight. Consider it to be a bonus. BTW it took about 4 months to get mine...

A flashlight is kind of like a pair of scissors, even if you just put it in a random drawer in your house, it will end up being useful at some point in the future.
truer words never spoken...can never have too many lights (especially LEDs)

JohnMcD348
June 25, 2009, 09:30 PM
I sometimes wished I hadn't become a Life and then later an Endowment member. All I ever get from them other than AR is offers requesting more money to help with the fight.

2RCO
June 25, 2009, 09:33 PM
John--I know the feeling. I haven't taken the step to Endowment yet.

As a life member few weeks go by without some We desperately need money to fight the cause O'the day letters.

arizona98tj
June 27, 2009, 10:58 PM
As a life member few weeks go by without some We desperately need money to fight the cause O'the day letters.
As a non-life member, I can assure you it isn't any different for me either.

If you enjoyed reading about "NRA flashlight" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!