Wild Boar/Hog hunting near SLC, UT?

PDA

seldomseensmith
June 26, 2009, 07:12 PM
Hello all-

Curious if anyone knows of any BLM land relatively close to Salt Lake City where I can hunt hogs? Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Wild Boar/Hog hunting near SLC, UT?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ArmedBear
June 26, 2009, 11:07 PM
I could be wrong, but I think that California has the best pig hunting in the West (not counting Texas, but AFAIK there's no significant public-land pig hunting there either).

Does Utah even have pigs?

Jorg Nysgerrig
June 26, 2009, 11:44 PM
Nope.

As far as I know, the only hog "hunting" in Utah consists of a few private ranches that have a herd of "wild" hogs they'll gladly let you shoot for a fee.

moosehunt
June 27, 2009, 02:37 AM
I live 250 miles west of SLC. and far as I know, it's another 250 miles west to any hog hunting, and then it's high dollar on private land. CA folks squall about hog problems, but they sure don't make it very attractive to hunt them--lest you have $$$$.

If you enjoyed reading about "Wild Boar/Hog hunting near SLC, UT?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!