House Rep comments on TX Campus Carry bill

PDA

Greybeard
June 26, 2009, 10:22 PM
Although it never came to a vote in the House, it's good to hear exactly where our local Rep. stands on the issue.

“When people look past the misinformation on this bill, you see that this is a well thought out piece of legislation that will further enhance public safety and deter against acts of violence on our college campuses. My daughters will be in college one day, and I would not have supported this bill if I thought it was bad policy that would put them or other Texas children in harm's way,” said Representative Parker.

Complete article at http://thenewsconnection.com/article/Main_News/Local/Campus_Carry_Firearms_bill_dies_in_committee/32750

If you enjoyed reading about "House Rep comments on TX Campus Carry bill" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Yellowfin
June 30, 2009, 09:06 AM
It's a big shame they didn't get this passed this time around. We need it badly for several reasons- it's a huge item in the fight against the anti 2A political complex.

If you enjoyed reading about "House Rep comments on TX Campus Carry bill" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!