RIP Jim Bowman

PDA

Titan6
July 1, 2009, 08:00 AM
A true living legend has passed on. He rode with the best of them and was a bona fide war hero to boot.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/hotstories/6505718.html

If you enjoyed reading about "RIP Jim Bowman" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hso
July 1, 2009, 09:50 AM
Good to see giants of our community honored.

rogertc1
July 1, 2009, 09:55 AM
Kinda sucks good people have to die.

Floppy_D
July 1, 2009, 10:03 AM
Three Bronze Stars and a Purple Heart, too. Hate to see him go.

hankdatank1362
July 1, 2009, 11:07 AM
Good men like this pass away and not a word is spoken in any national media.

Sicko ex-pop stars who admittedly share their bed with little boys die and all of a sudden everyone holds hands and starts singing kumbayah. Unacceptable.

RIP Jim.

SSN Vet
July 1, 2009, 11:16 AM
Sicko ex-pop stars who admittedly share their bed with little boys die and all of a sudden everyone holds hands and starts singing kumbayah. Unacceptable.

you tell 'em Hank!

But living your life as a "straight shooter" has rewards that the national press and money can't bestow....

1. A loving wife
2. A sound mind
3. Children who grow up to be respectful and responsible adults.
4. Dying in your sleep after a day of doing what you love? Doesn't sound so bad to me.

Let the media rot! They don't get one penny of my money.

I gave up t.v. in 1998 and never looked back.

mcdonl
July 1, 2009, 11:56 AM
I am saddened to learn about such as person at his death.

XTerminator
July 1, 2009, 05:43 PM
His name was JOE.

http://www.joebowman.com/

Steve

PX15
July 1, 2009, 05:51 PM
JMOfartO:

On the other hand...

If a person believes in an "afterlife" (or life after this one) then this gentleman is in a fine place.

I do, and I expect he is.

Just personal opinion, no offense to those who might disagree.

Jesse

strangelittleman
July 1, 2009, 06:02 PM
I've had the opportunityto talk w/ The Straight Shooter... he really was as nice & humble a man as they come and a real Gentleman...
Joe Bowman was a very good man, who served his country, bled for his country, lived for his family and loved his fellow man.

If you enjoyed reading about "RIP Jim Bowman" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!