CZ vs Glock vs Sig vs walther

PDA

Skillet
July 1, 2009, 10:36 PM
this is a poll
which one do you like the best and why?
what is your favorite model out of these gun manufacturers?
CZ?
Glock?
Sig?
Walther?
those are two questions. what is your favorite gun manufacturer and your favorite gun out of those manufacturers.
no heated arguments please. don't burn the argument at 600 degrees
just keep it at about 400 degrees
haha
thanks for answering!

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ vs Glock vs Sig vs walther" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rellascout
July 1, 2009, 10:39 PM
Its like my underwear.....It

http://thecoolsideofapillow.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/un-depends.jpgS

Mags
July 1, 2009, 10:42 PM
Voted Glock I don't have first hand experience with any of the other manufacturers listed except for Walther with a P22 and I don't think that really counts. I have however heard nothing but good things about Sig and CZ.

hanno
July 1, 2009, 11:23 PM
I owned a Glock 17 back in 91 or 92, and sold it. The 17 was a nice enough pistol, I just didn't care for the way it "fit" my hand.

I own one Sig and have sold/traded two others. Fine pistols all but I prefer all steel CZs.

I own a CZ 75-SP01, a CZ 75 SA, a Kadet Kit and just today got a CZ 97B. For me the vote was easy - love those CZs.

ozarkhillbilly
July 1, 2009, 11:26 PM
CZ?
Glock?
Sig?
Walther?

CZ-75
Glock 34
Sig 228/229
Walther P99AS

I use all four for different reasons so it is hard to choose a favorite. I use the Sig for CCW, the Glock 34 with crimson trace and a surefire for bedside gun, the P99 is just a great gun and I sold my CZ75 but is great gun.

ndh87
July 2, 2009, 12:24 AM
CZ is the best mix of reliability, ergonomics and price.

doc2rn
July 2, 2009, 12:48 AM
I like my 9mm Kurtz Sig!
FNP 9 is better than the CZ 75, IMHO!

10-Ring
July 2, 2009, 01:08 AM
I voted Glock -- it is utterly reliable, relatively inexpensive cost of membership & upkeep, can beat the haha out of it & it keeps going and it's easy to find parts or accessories

NELSONs02
July 2, 2009, 01:20 AM
I like my 9mm Kurtz Sig!

ME TOO! Probably the best looking .380s other then a Beretta Cheetah

As for the pole it would really depend, all are good manufactures. Although I lean more towards CZ & Glock.

Otto
July 2, 2009, 03:45 AM
Sig Sauer, when they were made in Germany.

Jed Carter
July 2, 2009, 04:38 AM
SIG P226 in .40S&W/.357SIG with Tritium night sights and no rail. Next my Glock G34, no Walther, was Beretta on the list? My next 9mm will be a CZ, my next .40 will be H&K. Was Beretta on the list... Love my model 87 Target.

lechiffre
July 2, 2009, 04:44 AM

just to make sure i have the question covered

which model from each of these manufacturers

cz - cz75
glock - 17
sig/sauer - p6
walther - p88 compact

my single favorite model out of those:

walther p88 compact

my favorite manufacturer out of those:

walther

armoredman
July 2, 2009, 05:15 AM
Fired versiona of all four, like the P220, like the old PPK, don't really like any Glocks, all personal choice, not reflective on the firearms in question.
Carry CZ. Works great for me, fits like a glove. P01 and PCR.

Pilot
July 2, 2009, 06:44 AM
Its hard to beat CZ. I really like mine.

Ash
July 2, 2009, 07:02 AM
I own CZ's and SIG's. I prefer the CZ - it would have been the natural evolution of the 1911 to 9mm for the US military but for Czechoslovakia's communism. I like the design from a technical view point. But I do like SIG's and their outstanding quality. I have nothing against Glock pistols, they just don't do anything for me. I just don't like striker-fired pistols.

Ash

benderx4
July 2, 2009, 08:30 AM
CZ - amazing build quality, accuracy, ergos, and value.

jdh
July 2, 2009, 08:54 AM
CZ75(not B, the original). It just feels like it was custom made for my hand.

marriedguy1
July 2, 2009, 09:21 AM
Walther P99AS in 9mm is my absolute favorite. I also have a CZ75B and I voted for the CZ.
The P99 is getting too pricey and hard to come by. The CZ is relatively cheap and abundant, at least around here.
The Glocks and Sigs simply don't feel good in the hand for me.

easyg
July 2, 2009, 09:42 AM
Glock all the way.

They are very reliable, plenty accurate, easy to work on and maintain, very light-weight for the capacity offered, accessories are abundant and rather inexpensive, they point very naturally (at least for me), practically every gunsmith in country is familiar with them, and they are extremely robust and tough.
You can also get them at a fair price.

Sigs are very nice, but I think they are over-priced for what you get.

CZ's are good, but the one I had would not always eject the spent brass (regardless of ammo, regardless of magazine, and even after two gunsmiths tried to fix it).
I really haven't handled other CZ, but CZ's do have a fantastic reputation on the forums as a reliable and inexpensive gun.

I just never really cared for Walthers.

biblefreak
July 2, 2009, 10:03 AM
Love my Glocks for their intended purpose. If I want fun/sexy then I go for my 1911. Glocks are nice in that they are accurate, light weight, very reliable, and pack a lot of firepower for their size.

A tool for every job and a job for every tool!

searcher451
July 2, 2009, 11:03 AM
I no longer own any Glocks, CZs, or SIGS. I still own lots of Walthers. I like the history, the quality, the consistency, the reliability, the durability, the accuracy, the dependability. But I'm sure that every fan of every manufacturer noted here would say the same.

priler
July 2, 2009, 08:18 PM
i just have never like glocks for several reasons i don't really need to mention so they are out of the running for me.

from the manufactures here,especially if i want it for CC and considering i prefer TDA,the walther p99AS is simply top dog. here's why:

coincidently,sigs happen to have one of the best,lightest,smoothes TDA triggers out there,right out of the box,but they still get beat by the p99AS which has a slightly even lighter,and after a few hundred rounds,just as smooth trigger pull with an outstanding reset,which for those that are totally uninitiated,you actually have to watch out for.when you think about it,that is truely outstanding for an "out of the box" service/duty polymer pistol that is also the ONLY stricker fired that is also a true TDA....except maybe it's clones,but i won't get into that.

then there's the grip. not only did walther start the whole interchangable backstrap thing,but they also happened to design the best grip of any pistol out there that simply melts right in your hand(for me obviously)even after all these years,none have been better or even equal until the new h&k p30 came along.

then there's efficiency in dimensions.for reference,someone whos looking to carry something of about the same size and weight of a g19,but doesn't actually like glocks,and still they want a full 4" barrel with a full grip and 15/16 rounds,there's nothing better.other's may match the size and weight but if you carefully notice,they won't be as efficient a packedge as the p99.

the p99 also has one of the best "melt jobs" of any pistol.if you look at the bottom portion of the backstrap,you'll notice how it is scalloped.at first this may seem insignificant,but the reality is that for many who CCW,this particular part of the butt will be what first prints in many ways of carry. it also has a decocker that is COMPLETELY flush and simply will not snag anywhere or add extra width which might be felt otherwise.there's also no hammer to snag or have debris fall into BUT you can still re-cock if you have time.

as an aside,the p99 is also scary accurate,certainly much more so than it should be for a service pistol.

sigs are definitely fine pistols,no doubts there,but there metal wonders are no match if weight means anything to you and their p2022 in polymer is also no match as fine as that one is too.i don't like the 250.

i like CZs,always have and they are constantly on any short list i make when it comes time for another new piece.what i like about them is the ergonamics and the balance.CZ always seems to strive to have perfect balance on every piece they make,notice how on the phantom,because the bottom is now lighter with polymer,they have put a huge scallop along the slide to maintain balance.

what i don't like about them are the triggers and the take down.for me,buying a CZ automatically means a trigger job and a don't mean just changing main springs.the omega trigger is alot smoother but it still doesn't come close to the one on a p99AS.the p-01,pcr and p-07 are certainly fine pistols,but they don't compete with the p99 in over-all package.i mean,what you actually get including the barrel length,weight,out of the box trigger etc.

believe it or not,i have been trying to find a more efficient carry pistol that is TDA,while being a full size service type, and although several that are out ther now come a little close,none have been able to top the p99AS.the fact that it's a walther with some very refined and interesting,useful details(like the mag release,which has taught this old dog a new,better trick that is now transfered to all other pieces)is just icing on the cake.

....but what can i say,this is just me,what do i know.i am certainly glad i don't follow the crowd....never have.

strangelittleman
July 2, 2009, 08:42 PM
CZ? P01
Glock? G19
Sig? P225
Walther? P5

Publius1688
July 2, 2009, 09:57 PM
I voted Walther--I've never shot a CZ, so that was out for me.
I own a P38 and a P22. I've previously shot several Glocks.
While I admire the build quality of Glock, they just don't fit right in my hand. Walthers fit much better, I'm willing to put up with the quirky takedown issues (especially with the P22) to have a good feeling pistol. Also, I just like 'em! I've got a "Walther" banner logo sticker on my 'cube at work------it lets the 'right' people know what kind of guy they're dealing with!

Matrix187
July 2, 2009, 10:32 PM
CZ 75 P-01's are great... I like them more than glocks.

TRIGGAH
July 3, 2009, 12:11 AM
You should have included the S&W M&P. :cuss:

Dougsboy
July 3, 2009, 11:49 AM
I love my Sig, Beretta and my Kahr, but if I could have only one hand gun it would be my CZ97. Big, beautiful and lots of stopping power.

Dominus
July 3, 2009, 07:05 PM
I vote Glock (23), its the only one that I have shoot and love it!

raskolnikov_22
July 3, 2009, 07:20 PM
Sig lovers unite!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crebralfix
July 3, 2009, 07:41 PM
Glock followed closely by SIG.

Why Glock? Maintenance! The design is made to be maintained by an organization. I can fix anything on the gun except the frame, barrel or slide. $75-$100 in parts and I'm good to go for the long term. Even if something breaks on the range, the gun will be down for a total of five minutes.

Nothing really needs to be done to the gun if you purchase it with night sights. It's even totally dehorned out of the box.

It shoots fine too. Glocks are for fighting. It's just not a competition target gun (action pistol excepted). Then again, that's why professional shooters go to gunsmiths for guns optimized for the sport.

SIGs...great guns too! But, I have to take a full armorers' course in order to work on them. The Glock only requires a $25 manual and a few hours of reading.

Walther...not even on the map. My friends are very happy with their Walther service pistols (not the PP series) though.

CZ...their rep seems good. Their prices have gone up into the $550-600+ range (at least in my area). They're no longer THE $400 gun. My only complaint is that I didn't like the feel of the grip on the 75B and their 45 is huge. But, the 75's I've shot were reliable and shot well.

tipoc
July 3, 2009, 08:13 PM
CZ 75 and it's variants the 97 in particular.

Why? They are well built reliable and strong. The ergonomics suit me. C&L carry is an option.

tipoc

SharpsDressedMan
July 3, 2009, 08:56 PM
I have owned one Sig, a P239 in 357 and 40, but also had a 9mm conversion barrel (it worked fine in my gun, YRMV). It was a great gun, kind of a modernized S&W 39 (stronger, more accurate, more powerful, better trigger). Nice gun. I have owned several CZ-75's; one original high polish short rail (rare) with the best trigger that I have experienced on ANY semi-auto, and two other Pre-B's, and a Retro. The Retro got tuned by a professional, with a hard sear. Trigger was so light it was almost dangerous, but the DA was still not as good as the early short rail gun. The CZ just came on as too heavy and large for an "optimum" carry gun. I like the design, but it's just a little "off". The Glock is workhorse. Perfect utility and reliable, and accurate. Simple. But it's boring. Not stylish. They all look the same. Can't speak for the Walther P88, but I hear it is a fantastic gun. Definitely in the "gun snob" category with the SIG P210. I do have the Walther P99, as does my daughter, and probably have it because it is "the" Bond gun. I think that it is righteously the Bond gun. It is ergonomically as good as anything out there; sleek, comfortable in the hand, points well, accurate & reliable. I thought that Walther might just have tried to cope with the Glock's success at first, but I think they went one better. I also have an undying love for the Browning Hi Power, and if confined to two 9mm's, the Browning HP and Walther P99 would suite me fine. All in all, depending on what fits you, or you just feel right about, ALL of the above guns mentioned are just fine, and one example of each just might outshoot another example of the other guns.

S&WMP45
July 3, 2009, 11:21 PM
fired about 13,000 rounds through my cz75 9mm, and 2,500 through my glock 19.

both good, reliable and accurate. i have to say the cz wins in reliability, accuracy by far, and ergonomics.

i'd have to give the nod to cz, it's ergonomics can't be beat, even by top end custom 1911's.

never fired a sig or walther, never had much desire too either.

Parabellus
July 4, 2009, 01:42 AM
All great guns, I'm sure.
You could include S&W, HK, XD, and any M1911 in the list as well as others.
For us the hands down favorite is Walther.
After the first 1000 rounds through my P99 AS 9mm I decided I need one in .40S&W as well. With this one I shoot my best groupings to date. I have settled on the thickest backstraps on both for my bony hands. The feel is natural and comfortable.
My wife swears by her P5 as it is easier for her to rack than a P99.
For back-up I have a PPK/S in 9mm kurz made in USA by Interarms.
Other than Walther my heavy hitter is a .45 Springfield M1911 A1.
Nevertheless I would love to add a SIG, CZ, or HK to my arsenal.
We tried Glocks in the beginning but found them to be troublesome in a number of ways.

SwampWolf
July 6, 2009, 01:21 PM
I voted for SIG because I prefer the trigger pull (at least the one on my 220). The CZ has unbeatable ergonomics but the trigger leaves a lot to be desired (at least the one on my 85B does). Because I prefer a traditional double-action and/or single-action trigger, I'm no fan of the Glock. I have no experience with the Walther.

TDR911
July 7, 2009, 06:50 AM
Walther P99, Most comfortable fit and more concealable. I have and shoot Glocks & Sigs, and have shot the CZ 75. I regularly compete with both my Walther & Glock in IDPA.

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ vs Glock vs Sig vs walther" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!