Utah CCP's Now restricted in nevada.

PDA

jnuts
July 2, 2009, 02:37 PM
Nevada is not allowing Utah permit holders to carry on person in Nevada, restricted to having gun in car.
Seems that in Utah one is not required to qualify with the weapon you're going to carry and Nevada now does.
Does this seem like a common sense to qualify with the gun your to carry or like another pointless restriction?

If you enjoyed reading about "Utah CCP's Now restricted in nevada." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ragnar Danneskjold
July 2, 2009, 03:56 PM
It is common sense to qualify with the weapon you plan on carrying. And I don't see how the law should have anything to do with that. Johnny Dollar is right. The Bill of Rights does not say anything regarding it, and that is that. You cannot legislate common sense. And it is tyrannical to try.

Quiet
July 2, 2009, 04:45 PM
The people responsible for the change = Nevada Sheriffs' & Chiefs' Association (NVSCA)

NVSCA Board of Directors

President: Chief of Police Mike Mancebo, City of Lovelock
P.O. Box 238
Lovelock NV 89419

1st Vice President: Sheriff James Miller, Storey County
P.O. Box 498
Virginia City NV 89440

2nd Vice President: Chief of Police Tom Finn, Boulder City
1005 Arizona St.
Bolder City NV 89005

Sergeant at Arms: Sheriff Mike Haley, Washoe County Sheriff’s Office
911 Parr Blvd.
Reno, NV 89520

Immediate Past President: Sheriff Tony DeMeo, Nye County
P.O. Box 831
Tonopah, NV 89049

Association Office: Frank Adams, Executive Director
P.O. Box 3247
Mesquite NV 89024
(866) 266-9870
FAX (702) 345-3565

Nevada Revised Statue 202.3689
1. On or before July 1 of each year, the Department shall:
(a) Examine the requirements for the issuance of a permit to carry a concealed firearm in each state and determine whether the requirements of each state are substantially similar to or more stringent than the requirements set forth in NRS 202.3653 to 202.369, inclusive.
(b) Determine whether each state has an electronic database which identifies each individual who possesses a valid permit to carry a concealed firearm issued by that state and which a law enforcement officer in this State may access at all times through a national law enforcement telecommunications system.
(c) Prepare a list of states that meet the requirements of paragraphs (a) and (b). A state must not be included in the list unless the Nevada Sheriffs’ and Chiefs’ Association agrees with the Department that the state should be included in the list.
(d) Provide a copy of the list prepared pursuant to paragraph (c) to each law enforcement agency in this State.
2. The Department shall, upon request, make the list prepared pursuant to subsection 1 available to the public.

chris in va
July 2, 2009, 04:49 PM
Not to mention the KY permit I'm waiting on isn't valid in NV. Odd.

mljdeckard
July 2, 2009, 04:50 PM
I already posted this, the reason they excluded Utah and Florida is because they are the two states issuing the most permits to tourists carrying on the floor of the Luxor.

Quiet
July 2, 2009, 04:58 PM
I already posted this, the reason they excluded Utah and Florida is because they are the two states issuing the most permits to tourists carrying on the floor of the Luxor.

Agreed.

All the states that NV currently honors, do not issue non-resident permits.
With the removal of FL and UT, the only non-resident permits that NV will honor are non-resident NV permits.

Ever since, UT and FL was added to the list of states that NV honors, more and more people have opted to not get/renew the non-resident NV permits.
That's a considerable monetary loss to the state of NV.
Removing the FL and UT permits, will make people get/renew the non-resident NV permit, if they want to carry concealed in NV.

Supposedly, the NCSA is willing to place FL and UT back on the list, at a later time, if the legislature changes NV to be like CO and FL.
CO and FL does not honor non-resident permits from other states.

Oro
July 2, 2009, 06:32 PM
Does this seem like a common sense to qualify with the gun your to carry or like another pointless restriction?

Pointless restriction. I routinely switch between six cc guns. The only difference between some of them is the finish (stainless vs. blue). I am supposed to go qualify with all six guns, and pay to do so, just to exercise a protected natural right?

From what I've observed the last 10 years, Nevada is starting to become "Cali Junior." You guys need to claim your state back before it's too late. Harry Reid? Really? Harry Reid?

Frank Ettin
July 2, 2009, 07:47 PM
Nevada is not allowing Utah permit holders to carry on person in Nevada, restricted to having gun in car.
Seems that in Utah one is not required to qualify with the weapon you're going to carry and Nevada now does.
Does this seem like a common sense to qualify with the gun your to carry or like another pointless restriction?Pointless or not, that's the way it is. So I'll be taking a road trip real soon to take the Nevada class and get my Nevada permit (currently have Arizona, Utah and Florida). Sure it's a hassle, but grousing about it isn't going to fix anything. So I'll just have to take care of business and get things squares away.

If you enjoyed reading about "Utah CCP's Now restricted in nevada." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!