Which scope?

PDA

Roadwild17
July 3, 2009, 07:38 PM
Kicking around a few more scope options after a day of research. This glass will be going on a 20" .223 AR, which I'm expecting to make hits out to 500 yds (hopefully on something smaller than a barn). This is my first "tactical" scope and I dont have a bunch of $$$. The project started out with unlimited funds, but then I found out me and Ms. Roadwild are expecting soon. Long story short, there will be no more money.

First is the Falcon 4-14 FFP MP20 ret. (hopefully the mil/mil setup)from sightwonders
then the W.O. Tac 4-14 EPB ret. from sightwonders
then a Horus Hawk 3-12X50 from there site
and Dark Ops countersniper 4-16 tactical from opticsplanet.net (This scope I could only find 2 or 3 reviews, and they weren't to hot)

What do you guys think?

If you enjoyed reading about "Which scope?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
July 4, 2009, 11:36 AM
I think the designated marksmans Mark 12 Mod 0/1 Special Purpose Rifle (SPR) most often is found with a 3.5–1040 mm Leupold LR M3, a 2.5–936 mm TS-30, or a Leupold Mark 4 MR/T 3–936).

A 3x-9x is all the scope you need to makes hits as far as the .223 will shoot.

rc

Roadwild17
July 4, 2009, 05:28 PM
Yeah. If the new super sniper had a side focus I probably would get it, but I want a side focus and atleast a 3-12 for the paper punching stuff. Also Leupy is a bit out of my price range.

deer killa
December 6, 2009, 10:25 PM
countersnipers are $#@!. DO NOT GET ONE

If you enjoyed reading about "Which scope?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!