Very Old JC Higgins 25 - 22LR Help

PDA

Mr.Revolverguy
July 4, 2009, 10:31 AM
All,

I have a JC Higgins model 25 in very nice shape. I am thinking it was new because it still had all of the nasty packing grease on it. I cleaned it up and took it to the range and the thing shot excellent. My only question is this

When I fire a round the bolt will not go home until I release the trigger. Seems odd is this normal function?

If you enjoyed reading about "Very Old JC Higgins 25 - 22LR Help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Float Pilot
July 4, 2009, 03:02 PM
A teenage girl had one at the local range this spring. Her's was doing that too and I wondered if it was normal... Maybe it was a way to make sure they never had slam fires...

By the way, the JC Higgins model 25 is really a High Standard model A1041 .22 auto. Sears put the name JC Higgins on lots of things they bought from other companies.

John Stimson, Jr.
July 10, 2009, 09:05 PM
That is an old design used by Sevens/Springfield/Savage and revised by High Standard for Sears.

Yes, that is the way all of these guns functioned.

There were two different model 25's and the first 25 was followed by the High Standard A-100 followed by the A-103 and finally the A-1041. Each variation had some common parts but were different because of other parts that were not the same. The early 25 and the A-1041 were the most different and the farthest apart in terms of production time frames. There were also carbine versions of the High Standard the A-101 and A-102. The general cross references usually fail to referencre these differences.

If you enjoyed reading about "Very Old JC Higgins 25 - 22LR Help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!