Mounting a light to an older style long gun

PDA

SHusky57
July 4, 2009, 09:48 PM
Just an idea I had after seeing the cover of one of those Clint Smith/Thunder Ranch advertisements where he has a light hooked up to a SxS shotgun.

Is it feasible/advisable/beneficial to rig a Surefire to a 30-30 or SxS for HD? If so, how would you do it (other than duct tape)?

If you enjoyed reading about "Mounting a light to an older style long gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cratti
July 4, 2009, 09:50 PM
Electrical tape. It's cheaper and blends better.

But seriously. There's some adapters on the market for adding rails to your gun. Dunno names or where to get 'em, but I've seen 'em.

Mags
July 4, 2009, 09:53 PM
Use a barrel mount for a shotgun a 410 barrel mount might fit.

Deltaboy
July 4, 2009, 09:58 PM
I saw one guy use stainless steel hose clamps to secure his light.

Mags
July 4, 2009, 10:14 PM
Here is a link to one I am selling I am pretty sure it is too big for a rifle barrel but maybe you can see what I am talking about from the picture.
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=460125

SHusky57
July 5, 2009, 07:54 PM
I'm thinking electrical tape + surefire = FTW.

owlhoot
July 6, 2009, 03:17 AM
The hose separator is the way to go. I have a light mounted on an 1897 shotgun for keeping varmits out of the hen house using the hose separator and it works great. For home defense you will need a light that accepts a remote pressure switch....which I do not have, but the hen house varmits don't shoot back.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mounting a light to an older style long gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!