Black Powder Golf Ball Cannon Test fire!

PDA

elkyote
July 5, 2009, 01:10 AM
http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r99/pressparts/?action=view&current=PICT0230.flv
Happy 4th!

If you enjoyed reading about "Black Powder Golf Ball Cannon Test fire!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kaeto
July 5, 2009, 02:18 AM
"Where's the ball? Who cares?"

Of all the irresponsible, idiotic things to do!
There is no telling where that ball ended up. Or who it might have harmed if it hit them.

Two Cold Soakers
July 5, 2009, 10:40 AM
Careful, you'll shoot your eye out.

colorado_handgunner
July 5, 2009, 12:05 PM
Two things:
Know what is beyond your target
Ricochet

Not a wise thing to do.

elkyote
July 5, 2009, 03:59 PM
Beyond the target? A shed :)

Ricochet? Everyone was far enough away when it went off that it was not a concern. Golf ball was found about 20 yards behind the cannon. Great success!

Also, no Texans were harmed in the making of this video.

Officers'Wife
July 5, 2009, 05:21 PM
I survived having an uncle that made BP cannons and daily cursed a Senator Dodd for not allowing him to use spherical case shot, yet that act shocks even MY sensitivities!

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
July 5, 2009, 06:33 PM
Gotta love (us) rednecks! :)

cassandrasdaddy
July 5, 2009, 06:52 PM
you guys wouldn't approve of some of my spudguns

Officers'Wife
July 5, 2009, 07:39 PM
you guys wouldn't approve of some of my spudguns

I've seen spudguns powered by acetylene. When those projectiles hit a solid piece of metal or wood they tend not to bounce in unpredictable ways.

If you enjoyed reading about "Black Powder Golf Ball Cannon Test fire!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!