well i screwed up what do i do now?

PDA

kernal_panic
October 22, 2003, 03:29 PM
Well i get into my office today after performing some work at one of our remote locations. My phone rings i don't recognise the number. i answer the phone. ITs my crazy aunt. she asks to over to dinner tomorrow night. God now i know how deer get road killed. I was like so stunned the nut bag tracked me down i uttered "uh ok" before my brain turned back on. Great now i am stuck with a dinner engagment at her house. The last time i saw her was a year ago when i bumped into her at my former boss's church. that incident (along with the fact the preacher there is crazier than she is) alone swore me off to going to a church again. My aunt is one of those extreme bible thumping crazies and frankly i'm not into that. So what the hell do i do now? i can't even call her back because my phone doesn't store the numbers. SHould i show up or stand them up? I'm a fish out of water when it comes to dealing with most of my family because i usually don't. I don't particularly LIKE 90+ percent of my family. They tend to be nut jobs or felons (which describes ALL of my family in my area neither of my 2 cousins can own a gun because ones a felon the other via the lautenburg law) anyone got any usefull ideas?

crap mods i just realized this has nothing to do with guns can you guys delete this?

If you enjoyed reading about "well i screwed up what do i do now?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bogie
October 22, 2003, 03:41 PM
Welcome to adulthood.

Now is the time to plead incipient alzheimer's, and GO TO THE RANGE!

Bigjake
October 22, 2003, 03:45 PM
got to the range and shoot a pumkin instead, they're plentiful, cheap, and in season.

Bravo11
October 22, 2003, 03:46 PM
Heres an idea--Don't go.

cordex
October 22, 2003, 03:52 PM
Before it goes bye bye ...

Getting her phone number shouldn't be all that hard. You do know phone numbers for other members of your family, yes? Track her down the same way she tracked you down.

If you aren't comfortable with her preaching at you, did you ever think of simply asking her to refrain from doing so?

Bible thumpers, Koran thumpers, Talmud thumpers, Little Red Book thumpers, Necronomicon thumpers or Athiests of America Press Release thumpers can all have good things to share - even if you don't like their religion or lack of religion. Might want to give her a chance, and explain that you would like to get to know them, but you just aren't interested in being converted ... please pass the mashed potatos.

BamBam
October 22, 2003, 03:55 PM
kernal,

What is it that bothers you most about your aunt; is it that she is too much of a Bible thumper or are there other issues?

If she's hostile, I could consider being a no-show to the dinner. If she's basically a kind person, I'd go (even better if she's a decent cook).

benewton
October 22, 2003, 04:01 PM
"Welcome to adulthood" :)

Sorry, but you're stuck. You agreed, and so you have to go.

But, you can preach back, and, if you don't care about their "feelings", you can have a great deal of fun!

Were I you, though, since it's family, just do the few hours required, and learn the lesson you "asked" for.

sm
October 22, 2003, 04:19 PM
Don't go.
I don't do family, I'm not subtle. I take care of one and only one family member-that's it. Don't get me wrong I did the responsible bit for a long time ( being the eldest and all ),however,they made the final choice-not I. I'm not a doormat.

My sibling's father called, said his sisters wanted to see me, he said I would be there,I told them $500 bucks is what my time was worth. Unless he paid $500 buck I ain't showing. See I was headed out of town for a shoot, gas, fees, hotel and I figured I'd win something. Never again did his sisters ask to see me. Crazy as road ticks these sisters of his, they have that religious dealie too, oh no, not me.

I have a few friends, don't do family. I like simple.

C.R.Sam
October 22, 2003, 04:23 PM
Either go and be civil.
Or take the time to find her number and beg off.

Please re-read the Rules of Conduct at the top of the page.

Thread closed, OT and language.

Sam

If you enjoyed reading about "well i screwed up what do i do now?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!