Once again, guns are the real problem.

PDA

musick
July 7, 2009, 09:49 PM
Steve McNair's famous face becomes just another victim of American gun culture:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/2009/07/06/2009-07-06_famous_face_just_another_victim_of_our_gun_culture.html#ixzz0KTYvinty&D

Once again, the gun is more to blame than the one who pulls the trigger. :mad:

He is the 36th homicide victim in Nashville this year. That is down from 41 at the same time last year.

Only in a country of gun lovers is that considered progress.

:cuss:

What a tool! Note that this is not an opinion column either.

If you enjoyed reading about "Once again, guns are the real problem." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
musick
July 7, 2009, 09:52 PM
Meanwhile, he completely ignores the tens of millions of peaceable American gun owners who own firearms and do not engage in violence.

The Media seems to always fail to mention the fact that guns in private hands are overwhelmingly used to save lives, most of the time without firing a shot.

More children are killed playing football in school than are murdered by guns.

Maybe we should ban football.;)

Deltaboy
July 7, 2009, 10:06 PM
What do you expect it is a NY paper.

feedthehogs
July 7, 2009, 10:19 PM
Funny how the writer forgets to mention how a drunk and stoned Donte Stallworth killed a pedestrian with his Bently and paid his way to a 30 day jail term.

Doesn't mention how the rich and famous jock culture gets away with stuff like this yet condems the gun culture.

Hypocrite.

Geneseo1911
July 7, 2009, 10:20 PM
guns don't kill people; drunk nutty mistresses kill people

snipe300
July 7, 2009, 11:26 PM
I was fixing to post this, but apparently I got beaten to it. More of the same. Fortunately, Tennessee is controlled by a Republican senate and most people will have forgotten about this by January.

http://www.newschannel5.com/global/story.asp?s=10659817

bigione
July 8, 2009, 12:55 AM
(_________) insert name of someone died in dwi case, killed by American alchol cultiure!
(_________) Insert name killed by medical error, killed by American if you have a hangnail see a doctor culture. ETC Hey their bias is showing.

wrs840
July 8, 2009, 01:07 AM
Again not enough editing time.When will this be corrected if ever?

I think it's just tagged for an edit after 10 minutes. Why is that bad? Just curious.

Les

2RCO
July 8, 2009, 01:55 AM
It's always the guns fault obviously some gun wanted Steve McNair out of the picture so it loaded itself up, aimed itself and pulled the trigger.

I had an interesting encounter today on this same "guns cause damage all by themselves" line.

I was in the Post Office mailing off some Wristbands and wearing mine. Lady asks me what the writing is on the band? I tell her it's the Second Amendment--Lady asks "what is that." One of the Postal Workers pipes in "It's the Right to Keep and Bear arms."---where I live is pretty pro gun for the most part. Lady says, "yeah I think everyone should be able to be armed." Here is where it gets awkward. Same lady pops back with, "I won't allow Guns in my House though or anyone in my family to have them, A gun killed my brother." -- My response was while in a bit of shock, " I can see how the loss of a relative through the misuse of a firearm might make it uncomfortable to be around them." I would have had more to say but I could tell she was already saddened so I didn't want to push it. I wanted to say it's not the gun-- but although she doesn't want a gun in Her house or in the possession of her family she supports everyone else's rights. I was also saddened that someone didn't know what the Second Amendment was.

musick
July 8, 2009, 03:57 AM
It's always the guns fault obviously some gun wanted Steve McNair out of the picture so it loaded itself up, aimed itself and pulled the trigger.

Pulled the trigger 4 times no less! :neener:

Damn those guns...nothing but trouble. :D

wrs840
July 8, 2009, 04:15 AM
My ego would like more than 5 minutes.
Comprende?

Yes. I feel your pain... I think my Apple Supreme-Commander-Pro, on-an-unlimitedmegawirefree-verizon-gizmo-superplus++ is still giving me TEN minutes though...

Les

BlisteringSilence
July 8, 2009, 04:31 AM
It's the New York Daily News.... To call it a newspaper is like calling the National Enquirer one. This one's not worth getting upset over. NO ONE takes the NYDN seriously.

Gungle George
July 8, 2009, 08:33 AM
Man, that's just sad................

MagnumDweeb
July 8, 2009, 10:16 AM
If you don't cheat on your wife, things like this don't tend to happen. Plenty of husbands have come early from work to find their wife cheating on them, and next thing you know there's a news story about a gun being used to kill two adulterers. If you don't want a bear to disembowel you, don't walk up to it and kick it in the face. Just some things should be common sense by now you'd figure.

But hey, this writers sounds like he is afraid of inanimant objects. Should probably put him in a nice ruber room with a straight jacket till he gets over this irrational fear. Don't want him going home and fleeing from a ringing telephone out into the street and getting hit by a car. Because I'm told that would be a shame.

lions
July 8, 2009, 10:57 AM
Now McNair dies the way he dies and shows you that a gun in the wrong hand is still the greatest equalizer of all.

But of course a gun in the right hands will only get used against you and you will surely die. At least he admits a gun is an equalizer, even though he thinks it only works for bad people.

He is the 36th homicide victim in Nashville this year. That is down from 41 at the same time last year. Only in a country of gun lovers is that considered progress.

Actually, I think that is considered progress for anyone with rudimentary math skills. 36<41

runrabbitrun
July 8, 2009, 11:07 AM
New York Daily News is IMHO left wing extremists/propaganda trash.
As stated, no one takes it serious, unless one has had an lobotomy.

Acera
July 8, 2009, 04:33 PM
Well according to the latest, USA/AP today reports that gunpowder residue was found on the hands of the woman (really, how shocking). But also she purchased the gun two days before.

Now remind me how old you must be to purchase a semi-automatic pistol? She was 20 when she died, so we can expect a lot more flack to come of this.

McNair had been shot four times, while Kazemi had a single gunshot wound to the head. A gun bought two days earlier by Kazemi was found under her body.

Skillet
July 8, 2009, 04:59 PM
you would have to be a drunk retarded spider monkey to not pick out the total bias of that article.
"if guns kill people, then i can blame misspelled words on my pencil"-larry the cable guy

stchman
July 8, 2009, 05:30 PM
So in a world with zero guns no one would ever die from a violent crime?

I guess that all guns. knives, crowbars, baseball bats, sticks, rocks, poles, etc. should be banned as well.

rs999
July 8, 2009, 08:20 PM
Well the UK has very few guns, mostly just sporting guns registered with the law. However, criminals and nutters their just use knives and blunt objects to commit their violence; it's gotten so bad that the UK is already developing anti-stab knives:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6501720.ece

cchris
July 8, 2009, 08:25 PM
Who cares if there was a knife in her other hand in case the gunshot didn't kill him? The guns are the REAL problem!

PumpAction
July 8, 2009, 08:44 PM
Only in a country of gun lovers is that considered progress.

Is it to be assumed that all homicides are committed using guns?

SCKimberFan
July 8, 2009, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by blackhawk2000 elsewhere:

I'll agree that the gun killed him, if Mike Lupica agrees that the football made him a great QB.

Proinsias
July 8, 2009, 09:06 PM
New York Daily News is IMHO left wing extremists/propaganda trash.
As stated, no one takes it serious, unless one has had an lobotomy.

It's owned by the very conservative Mort Zuckeman.

notbubba
July 9, 2009, 12:52 AM
Maybe Mike Lupica sould watch All in the Family

Gloria: Do you know that sixty percent of all deaths in America are caused by guns?
Archie Bunker: Would it make you feel any better, little girl, if they was pushed out of windows?

ants
July 9, 2009, 01:11 AM
Well, slap me silly if I'm wrong, but I interpret that statement positively.

"Only..." -- If it only happens here, I have no problem with that.
"a country of gun lovers" -- nothing wrong with that, I'm proud to live in a country of gun lovers.
"that considered progress" -- well, yes, when it's down from 41 to only 36, that's progress, no argument there.

Yes, I know the writer meant it sarcastically. But I think he's totally correct. Here in America where we understand and highly value the individual freedom to defend oneself and one's family, we appreciate a year where more guns are sold than ever before but gun violence is actually decreasing. That, my friends, is progress. Indeed.

ArfinGreebly
July 9, 2009, 01:16 AM
Come on, you guys!

Don't you remember from your history classes that murder didn't exist prior to the invention of the firearm?

It wasn't until the development of the musket that murder became common, and it took until the development of the pistol for it to become fashionable.

Surely you remember, don't you?

Tim the student
July 9, 2009, 01:59 AM
Of course guns are the problem, if we didn't have guns, then people would have to use baseball bats to commit murder (like in the link), and we can't have people saying that baseball is dangerous can we? Seriously, who wants baseball regulated?:uhoh:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-03-24-iowa-city_N.htm

If you enjoyed reading about "Once again, guns are the real problem." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!