Be Careful Out There!

PDA

Speedo66
July 7, 2009, 09:01 PM
Hmmm.... There have now been 3 self inflicted wounds reported here in about a week, along with gory photos to match.

One .45 in the leg, one blank cartridge wound to the hand, and now a stabbing in the leg in the non-firearm section.

In the immortal words of Sgt. Esterhouse (Hill St. Blues), BE CAREFULL OUT THERE! :uhoh:

If you enjoyed reading about "Be Careful Out There!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Deltaboy
July 7, 2009, 09:05 PM
I'll second that! Way too many accidents.

ArfinGreebly
July 7, 2009, 09:33 PM
If I remember correctly, that was a "point blank" 9mm round.

I'll have to go back and look now, but I seem to recall the bullet was very real.

9 mm FMJ Point Blank Gunshot Wound

Yup. Real bullet. They don't make FMJ blanks.

:D

NC-Mike
July 7, 2009, 10:40 PM
Links to the knife wound thread please, I missed that one. :evil:

jnyork
July 8, 2009, 05:11 PM
Bunch of retards. Shooting yourself? Seriously???

You need to seriously adjust your attitude here, Junior.

tangomike706
July 8, 2009, 05:20 PM
One Can Never be "Too Safe " when it comes to something designed to propel objects at high velocity ... Check it clear .. Then Check it again. blood on the carpet is no good .. I've developed almost an OCD like tick when it comes to checking my firearms clear .. last thing I need is to put one where it doesn't belong (wall ... dog ... me...)

BP Hunter
July 8, 2009, 05:21 PM
I took scott's remark as humorous. He had the ":rolleyes:" icon.

Speedo66
July 8, 2009, 10:42 PM
Links to the knife wound thread please, I missed that one. :evil:
Here 'ya go

http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=460758

The Lone Haranguer
July 9, 2009, 08:06 PM
I shot a hole in my truck floor ... :uhoh::o

Quilbilly
July 10, 2009, 12:39 AM
Yeah whats going on lately? It has been a good reminder for me though.

inSight-NEO
July 10, 2009, 01:20 AM
I agree...and not just with weapons either.

However, it just goes to show (relating to firearms) that it is far, far too easy to ignore the biggest rule of them all...always treat a firearm as if it were loaded...DO NOT MAKE ANY ASSUMPTIONS!

dacavasi
July 10, 2009, 01:24 AM
Aside from the biggest rule of them all, just never, NEVER allow ammo in your gun-cleaning area. Make sure all firearms are cleared and checked safe PRIOR to transporting to a cleaning area, and that there is absolutely no ammo in the cleaning area itself...

jww
July 10, 2009, 02:49 PM
Hmmmm.. Boneheads. No reason for that to happen, none what-so-ever. Boneheads.

If you enjoyed reading about "Be Careful Out There!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!