not a big fan of gunbroker dot com

PDA

lobo9er
July 8, 2009, 08:45 PM
gunbroker has its place but i find its every gun shop in the country putting there better (or sometimes garbage) inventory up for auction for a few bucks more than its in there shop. and the no reserve thing is a joke cuz the auction is already started for retail price. i'm new here but thought i would see if anyone else sees it like that. theres mos def some good sellers on there but i just find a lot of prices tend to be a little high

If you enjoyed reading about "not a big fan of gunbroker dot com" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ash
July 8, 2009, 08:49 PM
Sometimes the auctions are started insanely high. Of course, those auctions rarely sell. I have noticed a guy from Vinton, LA, who manages to price his stuff about double.

Ash

Quiet
July 8, 2009, 08:57 PM
auction sites = capitialism = prices set via supply vs demand economics

Don't like the price, don't bid.

dullh
July 8, 2009, 09:02 PM
What "Quiet" said...don't like the price, don't bid.

Now I did see a guy in Kansas offering "gold inlaid" Glock 19's for $10,000 each...would like to meet the guy who buys one, wouldn't mind being in his will!

My personal experience is not the same as yours. Yes, some prices are ridiculous, and those auctions do not sell. But I will say the vast majority of sellers on there are selling guns for right at the same price or a little less than my local gun shops. The only decision then is do I want to pay shipping and transfer fee or state sales tax...

The Deer Hunter
July 8, 2009, 09:03 PM
Whenever I want to know how much a gun costs, I'll check it out first on Gunbroker. A lot of guns $300 higher than retail prices from stores and on manufacturer site.

It's just like the sellers you see on Ebay. There's the store seller who sells a lot of stuff at reasonable prices and makes half a living off of it. Then you have the ordinary joe seller, who is just looking to get rid of some stuff and put some cash in his wallet. Then, you have the ripoff sellers that are trying to sell stuff as high as people will pay. They sensationalize the product the best they can in an attempt to offer incentives to buy from them.

SaxonPig
July 8, 2009, 09:31 PM
Don't like the prices? Don't pay them.

Duh...

raskolnikov_22
July 8, 2009, 09:32 PM
and the no reserve thing is a joke cuz the auction is already started for retail price.

Not always. It's not atypical to see penny auctions on expensive or rare items like Colt Pythons or W. German Sigs. Gunshows are no different: there's good buys, but you have to wade through the gougers to get to them.

Recently I just had to have another High Power. Called every gun store remotely in my area, no luck. Got a brand new '08 Mark III on gunbroker for a good price. Nothing to write home about, but no worse than at a gun store.

jimmyraythomason
July 8, 2009, 09:56 PM
I use GB for components for my sporters. If a barrel or receiver is priced too high for me, I just wait for one that's not.

lobo9er
July 8, 2009, 09:58 PM
sure i know dont like it dont turn it on. just seeing what all ya'll thought i check things out alot on there bought and sold a few things, like raskol said you gotta wade through the gougers

j21blackjack
July 8, 2009, 10:00 PM
I've gotten some pretty good deals on GB. I actually found my 44 spl Lee Classic Loader on their. I've also sold a few guns there myself. I happened to get 2 P3AT's for $250 a piece w/ no shipping last year :).

Deckard
July 8, 2009, 10:03 PM
Sure people put up guns for crazy prices hoping some sucker will bite, it costs them nothing and could land them a big profit, but you just have to look a little harder to find some decent listings. I'm always a little nervous about a gun I can't see in person, but I've gotten two excellent shooters at reasonable prices from GunBroker: a Swedish Mauser M96 and a Browning BPR.

Mags
July 8, 2009, 10:11 PM
I have a Springfield 1911 I bought new for 850 I added a magwell and pachmayr grips. When asked by a coworker what I wanted for it I said "1000 bucks" hell no I know the gun aint worth that much but that's what it would take for me to sell it. The way I see it online merchants don't wanna come off their product too easily. Maybe they like to save their inventory for the local customer and will only sell it on the ineternet for what the hassle is worth to them.

hso
July 8, 2009, 10:14 PM
It's a great reference source if you're signed up with them since you can see what sells and at what price by looking at completed auctions. It also helps you see if a gun has been on the block before and how often. Plenty of silly prices asked, but not usually given.

atblis
July 8, 2009, 10:17 PM
Go to advanced search, and search for no reserve auctions. Then sort by price.

Resto Guy
July 8, 2009, 10:41 PM
This week I watched a Dan Wesson Monson 15-2 6" .357 go for $500+. It made me feel really good about the deal I got on a virtually identical 15-2 a few months ago.

2RCO
July 8, 2009, 11:03 PM
It's a good way to check and see how competetive your local dealer is. If a new gun frequently goes for $1500 on GB and your local dealer won't go cheaper than $2k you see that the local guy is off on his prices. In my area GB is usually a bit higher than what they go for locally.

FWIW to me GB beats the heck out of price guides because you can see what someone has paid recently.

Gun Slinger
July 9, 2009, 12:33 AM
What hso said. Good reference source, goofy prices.

Buy elsewhere when you find a better deal.

DRYHUMOR
July 9, 2009, 03:58 AM
You've really got to look closely. The deals are there.

Mostly from individuals. Occasionally from dealers that move a lot of volumne.

It's about the best place to find discontinued models, wait patiently and one you are looking for comes along at a fair price.

The last rifle I bought was for $300 less than what the rest were selling for on GB from everyone else, and $400 less than any of the local dealers would sell it for.

R.W.Dale
July 9, 2009, 04:54 AM
the real story of items as far as what sells and what won't on gunbroker isn't told by the starting price it's the number of bids you should be looking at. I've sold on GB a lot and what other sellers fail to understand is if you get no bids on the first run you're price is too high and after the initial offering your chances of a sale become less and less. But unlike e-bay that charges for relists gunbroker does not. So after awhile the site has gotten choked up with pie in the sky dreamer listings that literally get relisted for YEARS.

It's strange

E bay could make more $$ if they had GB's 15 minute rule.

and

Gunbroker could make more $$ if they charged to relist items like E-bay

Either way though as others have mentioned you have to dig around for the real auctions on GB. Easily 98% of the listings are pure spam. My favorites are the places that will have 50 listings for the same make and model firearm. Just exactly how much business are they afraid to loose if one night there's a nationwide run on 243 WSSM A-bolt stalkers?

j-easy
July 9, 2009, 04:58 AM
way to much spam posts on gunbroker, i wish ebay didnt ban firearms sales :(

41022collector
July 9, 2009, 06:01 AM
I usually find decent parts deals on GB and AA but it takes a lot of true hunting and dective work to weed out the bad sellers and shills. I find the firearm prices by far to be over stuffed, if it is popular, they are high, if they have not sold they are high. I laugh at the quantity of "The Judge" pieces on there not moving at all and the one or two with real bids are bid so far up, they would have been better off on a BIN and bite the bullet.

I personally do not like the 15 minute rule. Especially when I have bid maybe just a little high to get a part and then still at the last minute someone bumps the price up (usually a shill) and if I really need the part I have to stand by and watch the damn auction to make sure I get the part. It is the Shill Buyers that cause the most harm. Shill buyers are friends of dealers or people on there that bid the price up on things, most sellers have them (some part time, some full time) and if a shill wins, the bidder (shill) and the seller just electronically shakes hands and gives each other good feed back and the item is re-photo'd (sometimes not even re-photo'd) and placed back in the auctions. If someone beats me in an honest auction, so be it, but far too many times I have been beaten by a shill as and hour later I will see the same item back up for auction, even though I have a pre auction comms stating it was their only one. The 15 minute rule just allows a shill to keep dragging out an auction.

I have turned some suspected shills in but nothing happens, especially now that GB is fairly much automated for all things to include customer service. The one shill, I know got suspended, but also know they had 3 other member names to play their games with. All it takes is a $19.00 pay as you go cell phone and the address of Wriggley Stadium and an ongoing (non free) email address, where people can add or delete names to their account.

Without the shills and the 15 minute rule, GB would be a decent site. I would say 1 in 25 items I look for are not shilled, over priced or a waiting game on GB or AA, you just have to troll through what you want and be stead fast on your price.

GB and AA expects me to be their police force and once I got burned after turning in a shill just to see them back on, I just do not bother to turn them in, nor do I participate in feedback, nobody really looks at it and even if they do, the seller or buyer responds with bull in it is always the other persons fault.

I agree the reserve price of things is way over used, especially when they say the reserve price in the description and it is 20% over retail . I do have odd tastes in firearms, so I am relegated to buying from an auction site because reg shops around me are too lazy to order what I want or do not / will not carry it at all.

What I have seen is, if it is a perfect gang banger type or style piece, then the price will be hugely high but will sell, usually to someone wanting to be hip and cool, even though they have 20-40% more money into it. If it looks good shooting sideways or upside down, it sells.

chuckusaret
July 9, 2009, 06:44 AM
I have been rather lucky on GB, I beat the local gun store prices including the shipping etc on many of my buys, but I buy from private individuals. I don't like the 15 rule.

Ash
July 9, 2009, 07:30 AM
The 15 is for sellers and does drive up prices. However, it also negates sniping.

lobo9er
July 9, 2009, 07:35 AM
i know i wish ebay allowed guns too.

lordgroom
July 9, 2009, 07:40 AM
I like GB and find better prices there than my local stores, even after adding shipping and transfer fees. My home state is so expensive for many things firearm related.

I like the 15 minute rule. A previous poster disliked the 15 minute rule due to shilling, but sniping is a huge problem on eBay and there are services that will snipe for you at a cost.

No system is perfect but I like GB.

KenWP
July 9, 2009, 07:57 AM
I find it impossible to snipe with dial up. Can't keep up to the auction at the end. I have gotton shilled a couple of times and it ticks me off.

gpr
July 9, 2009, 07:58 AM
just like every else, you gotta kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince...my best deal, a keltec p40 hard chrome conversion for $50...gpr

Ash
July 9, 2009, 08:21 AM
I have actually played with Shills and forced a shill buy. The point is, the dealer still has to pay fees based on the final price. It can be declared a no-sell, but too many of those (especially where both parties give A+ ratings) can get you into hot water.

Ash

TCB in TN
July 9, 2009, 08:27 AM
Have found a few deals on GB, seen a lot of junk and stuff priced to high. Like anywhere else, including most shops. The informed, patient buyer does fine, the fool does not.

nitetrane98
July 9, 2009, 09:23 AM
I once had a buddy who owned a used car lot. He'd bring home a bunch of cars from the auction and sometimes I'd ask, "Who in the hell is going to buy that? He always said, "There's an a** for every seat." Somebody, somewhere, is just drooling over some gun that I might think is not worth the money, and would snap it up in a heartbeat if he could.

I used to work in the antique car restoration business and I think a lot of folks see their guns in the same light. They would see the prices that a 100 point car would bring after having thousands of dollars spent on it and think that their same model rust bucket should be worth only a fraction less, unless, of course, they put new tires on it. But the trouble with guns is, the big bucks go to the originals and any "fixing" or repair is generally penalized instead of rewarded, no matter how well it's done.

Having said all that, I use GB a lot simply because of the convenience. I recently bought a Browning BDA .380 and my FFL said, "Gee, I haven't seen one of those in years." They are not particularly rare but I'd have never got one waiting for one to show up in his store.

m_kirk2001
July 9, 2009, 09:49 AM
Gunbroker.com is OK. I don't have a problem with the prices (though I won't pay them) and I definitely believe in free market. There does need to be some alternatives out there and they may come in the future. The search abilities and filters of the website are abysmal compared to many other mainstream auction and listings sites.

Phatty
July 9, 2009, 10:29 AM
I think the reserve price system should be modified. The idea of a no reserve auction is to sell your product at the best offer you receive, regardless of the amount of the best offer. It usually means the seller needs to timely sell the product and guarantees that a sale will always take place.

Currently, a seller on gunbroker can list a gun with no reserve, but then set a starting bid price that is effectively a reserve price. Thus, when a buyer searches for "no reserve" auctions, he gets all these false returns in his search. Gunbroker should give sellers two choices: 1) list a product with a reserve (and the seller can also pick any starting price he wants), or 2) list a product without a reserve and the auction must start at $0.01. If a seller is afraid that he will get stuck with an extremely low-ball offer as the best offer, then he can protect himself by setting a reserve. If he's truly willing to take whatever the final offer is and ensure a sale takes place, he can advertise his auction as "no reserve."

With this system the seller would probably still try to protect himself using a shill, but at least in that case he still has to pay a fee for the sale.

searcher451
July 9, 2009, 10:35 AM
You have to pick and choose on Gunbroker, just like you have to pick and choose through the inventory of the big sellers who like to frequent the place. I've found three excellent deals during the past two years of monitoring the site for things in my range of interests. I've also gotten more than a handful of laughs. If you aren't enamored of auction sites, it's best to avoid it and spare yourself the grief, I suppose ... but some deals can be had there if you are patient.

atblis
July 9, 2009, 12:06 PM
I have never bought a gun off of gunbroker. I've sold several over the years, but never bought one. There's always somebody somewhere who thinks something is worth more than I do.

Lou McGopher
July 9, 2009, 12:52 PM
I've bought off GB. Got my XD .45 for less than I could find it retailing in my area, or from any online retailer I could find at the time. I've seen other good deals on there, too.

bearmgc
July 9, 2009, 01:00 PM
I bought a new shotgun years ago via auction at Gunbroker. It was decent priced and exactly what I wanted. Have not seen anything there worth the trouble since. And now, my gun collection is complete.....I think.

SaxonPig
July 9, 2009, 01:00 PM
All from Gunbroker and only a sample of my purchases:

$81

http://www.fototime.com/C2FBB9537FF4ACE/standard.jpg

$165

http://www.fototime.com/3CDC3F463BA6D1F/standard.jpg

$165

http://www.fototime.com/A57E03BC42BB8AE/standard.jpg

$150

http://www.fototime.com/FC8CF0CA88A0620/standard.jpg

$375

http://www.fototime.com/452379B6DFDF1E8/standard.jpg

$295

http://www.fototime.com/8DAA0044092961F/standard.jpg

$265 (22) & $135 (38)

http://www.fototime.com/650BC1D0519B79B/standard.jpg

Maybe my best deal, a Model 14-3 for $100

http://www.fototime.com/24FC83A7BD949C6/standard.jpg

I have yet to be seriously disappointed with a GB purchase and I seem able to find good deals. At least I think they are good deals. Like anything, it is what you make of it.

jimmyraythomason
July 9, 2009, 01:06 PM
Cruel,SaxonPig,just cruel!

deanodog
July 9, 2009, 01:09 PM
I bought a gun that was described as factory new and perfect in a mint box with two hi cap magazines and adjustable sights. It ended up totally false on all parts. Filed a fraud claim after seller blocked my e-mails wanting a return for refund. I filed with GB,the postal inspector and the federal trade comm. and recieved no help at all. If you get a sour deal you are your own. Buyer beware.

BBQLS1
July 9, 2009, 01:12 PM
Just have to look and be patient.

I bought a SA 1911 for a pretty good price when they were getting hard to find.

I do agree, it's mostly dealers.

Kwanger
July 9, 2009, 02:00 PM
I also like Gunbroker - if you are a pretty savvy internet shopper, you can do well.

Round my area, local stores are pricey/inventory is limited. Some perseverence on GB has saved me literally $100's of dollars - even with shipping and FFL fees. If you have a good local FFL who is reasonably priced and trustworthy, GB can also be more convenient than shopping locally.

So long as you are aware of the pitfalls of online shopping, its a great site and opens up the national and international market places.

R.W.Dale
July 9, 2009, 03:25 PM
I have to stand by and watch the damn auction to make sure I get the part. It is the Shill Buyers

I disagree, on ebay last minute take it personal bidders are called snipers, but when the same thing happens on GB all of a sudden it must be a shill....Come on. I'll bet money that somewhere on another PC someone is accusing YOUR last minute bids as being shill just the same as you

My advice to you
Enter the most you're willing to pay on your first bid and let the puter do the rest, don't visit the listing till you get a win confirmation. Why would you have to "watch" the listing? Let the proxy bid feature do the work.

True story I've had indviduals bid 30 times at the bid increment till he topped the current high bidders proxy by 1:rolleyes:

Folks are dumb and don't understand the function of an auction is to pay no more than you're willing. OH NO! folks take it PERSONAL when they're outbid. I've sold a lot of GB items and have seen stuff gain 70% of it's selling price in 15 minute overtime a lot of this is folks THINK they can snipe like on e-bay and in attempting to do so they just start a last minute viscious bidding cycle with the other "how dare he out bid ME!" people.

Why would I engauge in shill bids? That just means I don't make a sale and if I'm worried about the price I shouldn't have started the bidding at that.

R.W.Dale
July 9, 2009, 03:30 PM
If a seller is afraid that he will get stuck with an extremely low-ball offer as the best offer, then he can protect himself by setting a reserve. If he's truly willing to take whatever the final offer is and ensure a sale takes place, he can advertise his auction as "no reserve."

Setting a reserve on an auction is pretty much commercial suicide. NObody and I mean NObody myself included gives reserve auctions so much as a first glance. Having that little square red R in the listing next to your item pretty makes your auction not exist.

Because a reserve ties up your (bidders) time on an Item you may not ever be able to win and may in fact be overpriced by a factor of x3 but you cannot tell, unlike with an appropriate opening bid

jimmyraythomason
July 9, 2009, 03:39 PM
I lost a lot of auctions because I tried to bid "just enough". I now bid my maximum early on and let the proxy bid work. If I don't win the auction then it went for more than I was willing to pay. I USUALLY avoid "reserve" auctions or an auction with a beginning bid set at the same price as the BIN price.

earlthegoat2
July 9, 2009, 04:42 PM
not everyone can wait around their local GS and find good old guns. All the new stuff is so Ho-Hum I cant stand it anymore. GB and GA and AA are about the only place to find the out of production guns your looking for.

OTOH places like California are hurting because pre lock smiths cannot be shipped there but they can be shipped out of there. This really sucks for California residents. There are other cool old guns that are in the same boat. The dealers there are selling on GB and are permanently depriving California residents of guns. I dont live there so I dont care that much but I definitely care as a 2nd amendment supporter.

The Lone Haranguer
July 9, 2009, 07:16 PM
I love GunBroker. The sales I made (of - unfortunately - guns, as well as accessories I was no longer using) helped me keep my car and my credit intact. And I got twenty-six A-pluses. :)

PX15
July 9, 2009, 07:23 PM
FWIW:

I monitor GunsAmerica, GunBroker, and AuctionArms just to get a ball park figure of what a particular firearm "might" might go far, but unless the deal, AND the dealers reputation (history of past transactions) is very, very good, I pass.

I've gotten my best deals from CDNN, hands down. Impact Arms was good to me on one deal too.. But CDNN is my first choice IF they are selling what I'm buying.

In the past year or so I've bought 3 "A" grade HK P7's, and several NIB 3rd gen Smiths and each transaction was painless and professionally done and the prices were very reasonable.

Jesse

runrabbitrun
July 9, 2009, 07:25 PM
Hopefully GB won't become 'eBay like'...:rolleyes:

Lawnman380
July 9, 2009, 07:34 PM
I like gunbroker, my hobby is custom polish work on mostly older S&W. All of my auctions start at .01 and I take good pictures...No issues...A lot of great buyers......

scott.308
July 9, 2009, 08:47 PM
I find it is pretty good and most of the offers that are way high are stores. Private sales are much better priced.

Scott

buck00
July 9, 2009, 09:21 PM
Gunbroker is sweet mainly because you can browse and see what is out there and get a "pulse" for the market.

Yes people try to jack up prices at times, but I've found some good deals.

Deckard
July 9, 2009, 10:04 PM
Cruel,SaxonPig,just cruel! That martini action is making my mouth water.

lobo9er
July 9, 2009, 10:10 PM
i agree
I find it is pretty good and most of the offers that are way high are stores. Private sales are much better priced.

the shops really bog things down on gunbroker i do use it to see an estimate of what things are going for

Quilbilly
July 10, 2009, 12:35 AM
Including shipping, Its hard to find a good deal on GB.

skoro
July 10, 2009, 09:23 AM
GB has its warts, but I find some really good buys on there from time to time. The local gunshops around here are exceedingly proud of their inventories of both guns and ammo. They won't budge on prices and even with shipping and FFL transfer charges, even a mediocre deal on GB gets me way ahead of the locals.

stchman
July 20, 2009, 01:56 PM
I have been looking at Gunbroker.com for some time and have come to the conclusion that the folks that list on there are insane.

I guess they figure that their guns are worth 2x what they are going for on the open market.

I even saw a guy TRYING to sell a 20 round box of 7.62x54R Russian surplus ammo for $35 + $15 s/h. He/she must be completely insane.

jimmyraythomason
July 20, 2009, 01:59 PM
It's not the sellers that are insane. If some one buys what they sell at the price they are asking,that's just business in a free market.

damien
July 20, 2009, 02:00 PM
This message has been posted a number of times. All I can say is I agree, unless there is some market in the USA that is really out of kilter where those prices fly. But on ammo especially, you can always get a fair deal from aimsurplus.com, ammoman.com, or ammunitiontogo.com and many others.

SaxonPig
July 20, 2009, 02:19 PM
OK, one more time.

This is the free market system at work. Capitalism means sellers ask whatever they think they can get and buyers are free to purchase or keep looking. In this case GB doesn't charge the seller unless the item sells so it costs nothing to offer items at high prices and see if anyone bites. If nobody does, the price comes down.

Some sellers refuse to reduce their price and items go unsold. I have been watching one gun on GB for the past 5 years. It's priced about 4x higher than it should be but the seller refuses to give up and just keeps relisting it.

If you don't want to buy it, or the ammo you mentioned, or anything else then don't.

22-rimfire
July 20, 2009, 02:26 PM
You can still find a bargain if you spend the time. I pretty much refuse to spend hours looking at GunBroker auctions unless I am looking for something in particular.

As others have said, it is our free market at work. Buy it if you want to. Otherwise walk.

stchman
July 20, 2009, 03:15 PM
You would figure someone woudl say to themselves, "I have tried to get this price and no one wants it, I should lower my price".

Since people keep re-listing items they obviously want to see them.

I think Gunbroker should charge an insertion fee as to keep gougers from using their service.

Z-Michigan
July 20, 2009, 03:25 PM
I think Gunbroker should charge an insertion fee as to keep gougers from using their service.

Why? Should Gunbroker care about "gougers"? If stuff doesn't sell, it doesn't sell. All the recent talk about "gougers" has me thinking we're in a centrally planned price-controlled economy.

FWIW, I have bought some items at good prices on Gunrbroker, and I have laughed at many asking prices. But it's the free market at work. See post #59.

BossHaug
July 20, 2009, 04:10 PM
I just got a good deal on GunBroker on some 223 brass. I bid what I wanted to pay for it, and I got it. I did not over pay. I think we both did ok on the deal, and thats what it all adds up to. If its more than you want to pay....look elsewhere....no problem.

LRaccuracy
July 20, 2009, 04:25 PM
I have purchased from GunBroker.com many times. All I can say is "Buyer Beware." If you overpay it's your fault. There are people in all walks of life that will take advantage of you and GunBroker is no different.

If you are happy with the item you buy and the price you paid, I would say you got a good deal. If you over paid for the item you purchased or the item is junk, then all I can say is, duhhhhhhhhhhh!

NCSUPackman
July 21, 2009, 09:34 PM
Saxonpig for the WIN!!!

Just echoing some of the other posters: You have to just look for the deals. I found three Ruger clear 10/22 magazines NIB for around $40 plus shipping. That price beat any of the big chain stores or local shops in my area.

Deckard
July 21, 2009, 10:33 PM
I think Gunbroker should charge an insertion fee as to keep gougers from using their service. Its not like its difficult to spot the bad deals. You get 100 listings per page, you see an outlandish price, you keep scrolling down. Problem solved.

wojownik
July 22, 2009, 12:56 PM
My issue with GB is not the auction prices. People can set prices however they like, and people can bid as high/low as they want. Don't like the price, don't bid.

The issue is their poor and even confrontational customer service, which can border on the abusive towards bidders, and just about always leans towards the seller. But that may just be my own experience, which included losing a password for an old account (with a dead e-mail address), creating a new account, and getting terminated from GB for "having multiple accounts".

nelson133
July 22, 2009, 07:43 PM
I gave up on Gunbroker when I won an auction for ammunition and was told by the seller that there was no ammunition. Gunbroker did nothing.

nwilliams
July 22, 2009, 08:18 PM
I've sold lots of guns, parts and accessories on gunbroker but I've never used the site to buy a firearm.

If you don't like the prices on gunbroker then don't buy anything. When I sell I try to price things reasonable and everything I list eventually sells. If there are people on gunbroker selling things for too much money then either they won't sell or they are going to sell to people who are willing to pay. Like Ebay sellers have the right to set their prices to whatever they want and buyers have a right to choose whether to buy or not. If you don't like the price of something listed on gunbroker then keep searching, you do actually have a choice in the matter.

Guns and more
July 22, 2009, 09:17 PM
Supply and demand. I like Gunbroker. The product has always been as described (or better).
I have a top dollar price in mind, and I let an item go if it exceeds that price. There's always another one.
My local dealers are WAY overpriced, and want you to buy what they have, not what you want.

wojownik
July 22, 2009, 10:53 PM
I gave up on Gunbroker when I won an auction for ammunition and was told by the seller that there was no ammunition. Gunbroker did nothing.
Siimlar experience. I won a Pietta .36 cal blackpowder pistol, but the dealer would not complete his end of the deal, claiming he had "just sold" the gun. But.. then I saw it relisted a week later. Complained to gunbroker, but never got a response.

If you enjoyed reading about "not a big fan of gunbroker dot com" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!