Gun Auctions (live, not on internet)

PDA

mm1ut1
July 9, 2009, 07:20 AM
My club just spent close to $100,000.00 on range safety improvements and has depleted it's cash reserve and we are looking for ways to raise cash. My thought would be to have a gun auction. A simple $20.00/gun fee and the seller setting the reserve. If the gun sells the buyer pays another $15.00 fee for the background check. Have any of you been involved in a gun only auction? Would you pay $20.00/gun ? Any tips? We already have a gunshow and raffles.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun Auctions (live, not on internet)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
snorko
July 9, 2009, 09:09 AM
There is a local auction house near me which has firearms auctions 2-4 times a year. The consingment fee for the seller is 20% of the sale price and the auction house charges an additional $10.00 to the buyer for NICS check.

Of course this higher percentage fee includes their advertising and they also run the auctin live on-line. So your terms sound very reasonable for the service provided.

Dr. Peter Venkman
July 9, 2009, 09:50 AM
A gun auction might work, but only if you have enough interest to generate enough money to do one.

You could also setup a range donation fund where "x" amount of dollars gets your name on a plaque for all to see at the range.

oneounceload
July 9, 2009, 09:53 AM
Have you also tried to get Pittman-Robinson money reimbursed to you?

Does someone at the club have a FFL? It might be needed for what you're trying to do

Keb
July 9, 2009, 10:21 AM
Auctioneers ( at least in this state ) are limited to 25 guns a month, then an FFL is required.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun Auctions (live, not on internet)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!