Stoeger 9mm stainless Luger?

PDA

PAINTBALL GUY 3
July 9, 2009, 02:14 PM
Hello all, My first post here. Hope y'all are a good group.:)

I recently found out about these stainless steel Lugers and thay look AWSOME!!!!! I really like the look of the 6" Navy Model. But I have read mixed things about them. Some say that thay shoot as good as thay look, others say there Jam-o-matics. Some say thay are very well made and others say gut's are as soft as gum.

So I'm confused.

So what do you guys have to say about them? I would ask if there worth it money but thats up to me isn't it.;)

Thank you.

If you enjoyed reading about "Stoeger 9mm stainless Luger?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Grey Morel
July 9, 2009, 03:09 PM
10 seconds searching this forum would have turned up a thread on the subject. Searching GOOGLE for "Stoeger Luger" would have turned up the same thread, as well as other resources.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=216951

outerlimit
July 9, 2009, 03:51 PM
I have wanted one of these guns for awhile, but it's out of my price range. They look like a very fun toy though.

Luger Forum has a lot of great information on them as well. I have heard mostly good about them, but I have no personal experience.

Grey Morel
July 9, 2009, 11:12 PM
In retrospect, I guess I did bring the hammer down a little hard. He is new member. Sorry OP.

Understand that I'm on 7, maybe more, gun related internet forums and every single one of them is choked with repetitive threads. It get old, and It makes it hard to sort any new and good information out from the same old stuff. People need to search before they post. If that belief gets me labeled as a "search NAZI" then I can live with it.

bigfatdave
July 9, 2009, 11:55 PM
Is there a special model of Luger for the "search Nazi"? Or do they prefer the Walther offerings?
All I can offer on the subject was that I have handled one of the older ones at a gun show - it was obviously used and fired a lot, but seemed to be holding up well. I'm still kicking myself for not getting it.

If you can afford it as a range toy, go for it!

Dr.Rob
July 10, 2009, 03:28 AM
Well the STAINLESS ones from Mitchell had a rep as jamo-matics. Then again, real Lugers are pretty ammo finicky. (Shoot 124 gr ammo in it, the hotter factory ammo is better, though you don't need +p)

Now I know Stoeger owned the "Luger" name, but chances are those were 'made' by Mitchell and god knows where.

Fact is all Lugers are 'range toys' in this day and age, might as well get one you CAN shoot and not worry if it breaks a part that its value drops in half like a 'real' one.

outerlimit
July 10, 2009, 08:42 AM
I would agree that the 124gr ammo would probably be the way to go. I would imagine the lighter weight ammo such as 115gr would be more likely to cause malfunctions.

If you enjoyed reading about "Stoeger 9mm stainless Luger?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!