Browning BLR Question - Steel Vs Alloy

PDA

TexasEd
July 10, 2009, 07:34 AM
In looking at the Browning BLR is there any difference in the newer alloy receiver vs the older steel receiver. Is one better than the other. I know the alloy is a few oz. lighter. Other than that, I can see that the magazines have changed and is there a difference with them. Also if you have one how do you like it? I am looking at the 308 and the 358. Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Browning BLR Question - Steel Vs Alloy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MMCSRET
July 10, 2009, 08:53 AM
I am not a fan of alloy receivers on any firearm. I have a BLR from 1991, steel, great rifle.
I don't own a 22 semi auto rifle or carbine because they are all, to my knowledge, alloy in this day and age.
My advise, go steel.
But then I'm highly opinionated and enjoy being curmudgeonly in speech and action.

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
July 10, 2009, 09:10 AM
Anyone know what year they changed over, and a link to serial numbers breaking down the difference?

If you enjoyed reading about "Browning BLR Question - Steel Vs Alloy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!