Denver Volunteer Police

PDA

colorado_handgunner
July 11, 2009, 03:00 PM
I had posted a general inquiry before about volunteer police opportunities in Colorado before, and received an encouraging response here a few weeks ago. I have investigated it further and found that the Denver PD has a volunteer program very much geared toward what I would like to do. I was just wondering if any of you have experience with this program or the Denver PD? Thanks guys.

If you enjoyed reading about "Denver Volunteer Police" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
stubbicatt
July 12, 2009, 08:11 AM
Denver PD has a bad reputation for excessive force complaints, stealing, etc.

As a policeman once told me, "there is no corruption like the corruption inside a police department."

Maybe volunteer with the Knights of Columbus or Shriners or something, and do something good for people.

earlthegoat2
July 12, 2009, 08:17 AM
Government work of all kinds has its own versions of corruption, be it bribes, nepotism, or outright thievery. It takes a tough stomach to even work on the lowest levels of government because of all the bereaucratic waste that goes on everywhere. I say try it out. It is volunteer right.

If that doesnt work then:

Maybe volunteer with the Knights of Columbus or Shriners or something, and do something good for people.

moooose102
July 12, 2009, 10:12 AM
sounds like a HUGE legal fiasco waiting to happen to me!

danbrew
July 12, 2009, 12:30 PM
My two cents? If you wanna be a cop, do it right, sign up and be a cop. Do the academy, get state certified, get hired on by an agency, and be a cop. In 99.9999% of the agencies out there, the volunteer/auxilliary ranks are given the scut jobs and, in some cases, you do not have the same legal protection as a certified & sworn officer.

My $0.02.

If you enjoyed reading about "Denver Volunteer Police" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!