Where to find Savage mark II magazines?

PDA

Guvnor
July 11, 2009, 06:09 PM
I just bought a savage mark II .22 and wanted to pick up a few extra mags. But every online retailer seems to be out of them. (cheaper than dirt, etc.)

Anyone have a link to a site that has them in stock? Does Walmart carry them by any chance?

If you enjoyed reading about "Where to find Savage mark II magazines?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gvnwst
July 11, 2009, 06:19 PM
My walmart carries the 10 round ones, but not the 5 rounders.

JDGray
July 11, 2009, 06:20 PM
Walmart has or had them, haven't been there in awhile. Dunhams and GM has or had them also:D

Guvnor
July 11, 2009, 07:18 PM
Thanks guys. It sucks that the closest walmart with a gun department is a hour away! I better call first.

One other question...

On my Mark II, the safety requires a decent amount of thumb pressue to disengage. Im not used to this as all my other guns have safeties that are very easy to switch to fire.

Is this just a trait of the Mark II or is there something weird with my gun?

Maverick223
July 11, 2009, 07:39 PM
Is this just a trait of the Mark II or is there something wrong with my gun?
Have one right beside me...seems to have a decently firm detent on the safety, but is not in any way sticky or difficult to move with my thumb. I think your stock may be rubbing against the safety and causing it to feel sticky. As far as the mag, I have seen them at WW and BPS but am not sure if either has one in stock. :)

Guvnor
July 11, 2009, 07:49 PM
Thanks Maverick.

I checked the stock and it isnt rubbing. Flicking it on to safe is effortless, but switching back to fire is a little "firm" like you described. But not difficult. My other guns all have cross bolt safeties so im probably just not used to this kind yet.

I think im just being too anal about it. Thanks again.

MacTech
July 11, 2009, 08:08 PM
Mine behaves the same way, going from fire-to-safe, easy, going from safe-to-fire, a tiny bit more resistance

LemmyCaution
July 11, 2009, 08:09 PM
I find that unless I am pressing the safety directly in line with its axis, it is a little stiff. My thumb seems to want to press slightly inward toward the receiver, making the safety stiffer.

tju1973
July 11, 2009, 08:30 PM
+1 in Wal Mart-- I ordered them from Savage (2 -5 rounders a 10 rounder)--

Went to Wal MArt and the had the 10 rounders on clearance for $5.95 a piece-- I picked up 2 of them---

I doubt I will ever use them all, I mainly squirrel hunt with 5 rounders-- but I like having them al lloaded up at the range....

Maverick223
July 11, 2009, 09:30 PM
Thanks Maverick...I checked the stock and it isnt rubbing. Flicking it on to safe is effortless, but switching back to fire is a little "firm" like you described. But not difficult. My other guns all have cross bolt safeties so im probably just not used to this kind yet. No problem guvnor. What you said makes perfect sense their is a detent (small machined divit) on the safe position and none on the fire position, and it is more difficult than a crossbolt type (but a great deal less than the typical AK :cuss:). Great gun for the money, and plenty accurate to boot. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Where to find Savage mark II magazines?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!