Got this Small .22 revolver

PDA

Dirtbag
July 11, 2009, 06:54 PM
Hi lads not sure what forum to post this in, my father has just been given a small revolver by emmigrating friends (it's tiny) it takes .22 and has a folding trigger, looks old.

Have not taken any pictures of it yet, however it's the same as this minus the engraving

http://www.1898andb-4.com/products.php?pid=475&detail=true&desc=Belgium+Tiny+Folding+Trigger+Revolver

Does anybody have any info on these, year, value and where were they made etc

cheers

If you enjoyed reading about "Got this Small .22 revolver" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim Watson
July 11, 2009, 06:58 PM
The one in the absurd advertisement was made in Belgium, sometime in the late 19th, early 20th century. There were numerous small makers turning out similar guns during that time frame. Material of construction is doubtful, I would not shoot anything more than CB Shorts in it, and that only if in good condition. If you were turning out a quality product, wouldn't you proudly put your name or company trademark on it?

I say absurd advertisement, the gun is not worth anywhere near $895. More like $89.50.

Dirtbag
July 11, 2009, 07:06 PM
ok many thanks, dont worry I wont shoot it !

Hardtarget
July 12, 2009, 12:19 AM
I have a gun very much like the one shown...without engraving. My dad brought it home from Europe...(WWII). Its in a shadow box so I can't get it out to check for markings. Neat little guns. Not something I'd shoot.

Mark

2RCO
July 12, 2009, 12:44 AM
I've got a couple and Jim is about right on his pricing. Mine are in great shape but I wouldn't even shoot them with CB's the steel just feel to soft.

If you enjoyed reading about "Got this Small .22 revolver" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!