Burris or Nikon

PDA

jon8777
July 11, 2009, 10:20 PM
I am looking at Nikon buckmaster 4-14 with mil dot or a Burris 3-9 Ballistic plex... other than scope power, how does the clarity of glass compare?

If you enjoyed reading about "Burris or Nikon" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
LAK
July 11, 2009, 11:20 PM
I would go to a shop and look through them both side by side. Most larger stores have isles with small items, labels, box/packaging graphics and signing visible over a good distance within view. Plenty material and less than ideal lighting to do a side by side comparison. I did this at an Academy Sports trying to decide whether I wanted a particular Nikon or Leupold binocular.

Oldtrader3
July 12, 2009, 12:03 AM
IMHO the Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 is a quality product. Mine has been on a .22 Hornet for about 6 years now and has been knocked about on a fourwheeler and has been shot a lot, not saying much for a .22 Hornet's recoil. The scope has held zero and is quality product for the money.

jon8777
July 12, 2009, 07:18 AM
I was between the 4-14 nikon or the 3-9 fullfield II. My nikon prostaffs and buckmasters keep their zero year to year w/o any problems.

This is for my 223, not a kicker buy any means so a heavy recoil resistand scopes not something I need. figured Id try another scope out on this gun.

If you enjoyed reading about "Burris or Nikon" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!