Convert 336C to 336T

PDA

broknprism
July 12, 2009, 04:18 PM
I like straight stocks on a lever gun and wonder if making a 336T (Texan) out of a 336C is as simple as replacing the buttstock, and finger lever. Fitting the wood would be the real challenge, but otherise, those are the only two parts that make the models differ, right?

If you enjoyed reading about "Convert 336C to 336T" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TexAg
July 12, 2009, 08:17 PM
There is a piece under the lever and bottom part of the reciever that is curved on the pistol grip and straight on the straight grip. That piece also needs to be changed. I too would like to do the conversion to a straight grip on my 336ss. Anyone have a stainless 1894 .44 mag they want to swap parts on? Or a stainless 1895?

ECVMatt
July 12, 2009, 10:01 PM
I think some guys have done here and posted all the steps involved:

www.marlinowners.com

It did not look that tough.

I like the straight grips too.

Good luck.

jmr40
July 12, 2009, 10:13 PM
You may be able to make the conversion, but it would probably be easier to just find one that came from the factory that way. It may take a little time, but I usually see one at gunshows or in used racks at least 3-4 times a year. I know where one is located in a shop in N Ga. I do not know if the guy would ship it or not but PM me if interested and I will get a phone # for you. It is priced at $350 and has a tang mounted peep sight on it. I would remove the sight and replace the bolt that holds the buttstock to the tang if it were mine. I would have already bought it for myself but I have several already.

Dr.Rob
July 13, 2009, 05:10 PM
Midway sells the stocks. 'Texans' are harder to find than the straight stocked RC models and SRC models.

If you enjoyed reading about "Convert 336C to 336T" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!