Are shotgun pistol-grip+telescoping stocks ok in NY?

PDA

bigalexe
July 12, 2009, 10:58 PM
Ive read a little about NY state weapons bans and am confused as to whether a Knoxx Spec Ops stock on a shotgun would be legal. I have some friends in that state and if I ever wanted to take my gun with me I'd want to make sure I wasnt bringing in an illegal firearm.

If you enjoyed reading about "Are shotgun pistol-grip+telescoping stocks ok in NY?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Prince Yamato
July 13, 2009, 01:58 AM
Generally, if it's a pump shotgun, then you're good to go. If it's a semi-auto, then it must be "pre-ban" (pre Sept 13, 1994). That is state law, but individual counties and cities have their own ordinances. NYC is completely verboten unless you live there and have the proper permit.

bigalexe
July 13, 2009, 02:34 PM
Gun is a Mossberg 500 pump as per my sig. Thanks for the info, I don't plan on trying to take a gun into NYC.

If you enjoyed reading about "Are shotgun pistol-grip+telescoping stocks ok in NY?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!