Amicus Brief

PDA

DollParts
July 13, 2009, 02:57 PM
What State are you from and how did your Attorney General vote?

I am in NH and Kelly Ayotte signed the Amicus Brief! I'm happy :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Amicus Brief" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Phatty
July 13, 2009, 03:07 PM
I am from Illinois. Shockingly, our AG decided to not ask the Supreme Court to rule against Chicago.

Faitmaker
July 13, 2009, 05:32 PM
Ohio and he signed the Amicus. I'm pretty sure you can find out which AG's signed and which didn't.

I'm still not sure how I feel about it though. I tend to believe in state sovereignty but also tend to think that the Bill of Rights should be extended across the land so I'm kinda mixed. Willing to hear discussion on the matter but that may be grounds for another thread.

hirundo82
July 13, 2009, 08:37 PM
Texas's AG Abbott was the lead autor on both the most recent brief and the one submitted in support of Heller.

States that joined:TEXAS, GEORGIA, ALABAMA, ALASKA, ARKANSAS, COLORADO, FLORIDA, IDAHO, INDIANA, KANSAS, KENTUCKY, LOUISIANA, MAINE, MICHIGAN, MINNESOTA, MISSISSIPPI, MISSOURI, MONTANA, NEBRASKA, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NEW MEXICO, NORTH CAROLINA, NORTH DAKOTA, OHIO, OKLAHOMA, PENNSYLVANIA, SOUTH CAROLINA, SOUTH DAKOTA, UTAH, VIRGINIA, WASHINGTON, WEST VIRGINIA, AND WYOMING

Link to brief (http://www.nraila.org/media/PDFs/litigation/NRAAmicusFinal.pdf).

Quiet
July 13, 2009, 08:42 PM
CA did. :D
NV did not. :mad:

ArfinGreebly
July 13, 2009, 08:52 PM
And Accounted For.

:)

Really surprised to hear Nevada didn't join that.

:confused:

SCKimberFan
July 13, 2009, 09:14 PM
SC did. :)

SSN Vet
July 13, 2009, 11:22 PM
Atty. General Mills signed in Maine... and I wrote her a nice letter thanking her for her support....

model of 1905
July 13, 2009, 11:27 PM
Gary King voted correctly.:D

glock36
July 13, 2009, 11:33 PM
missouri supported it

If you enjoyed reading about "Amicus Brief" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!