CMMG Piston Rifles

PDA

TexasEd
July 13, 2009, 03:24 PM
Has anyone had any time with the CMMG Piston rifles. It seems they are at a lower price point. Does that reflect the rifle or that the prices are coming down. Also, What has been your expierence been with the CMMG product.

If you enjoyed reading about "CMMG Piston Rifles" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dusty14u
July 13, 2009, 04:06 PM
I bought a M4LEP with the older 2 piece piston housing at the beginning of the year. I have fired at least 6-700 rounds through it. It has gone bang all of the time and is easy to maintain and clean.

The only problem I have had was finding front sights that mount on the same plane as the rear flat top. Most iron sights are designed for the gas block to be lower than the back plane.

I would buy another CMMG product with no hesitation. The gun has performed faultlessly and it is accurate to boot. The recoil is a bit stiffer than a gas impingment but that seems to be the only difference.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa119/dusty14u/shooter/HPIM0402.jpg

leadcounsel
September 5, 2009, 02:18 AM
Bump. I'm curious too.

If you enjoyed reading about "CMMG Piston Rifles" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!