Good Gun stores in the Central New York area?

PDA

Deckard
July 13, 2009, 04:52 PM
All the firearms I've bought up to now have been through gunbroker or purchased out of state, but I've been looking for a good local place where I could just browse. Only problem is I can't seem to find a shop that's halfway decent. There's the big mega-stores (Basspro, Gander Mountain, Walmart, etc.), but they really only carry Remchesters and scatter guns. The other smaller places I've been are horribly overpriced and push junk (milsurps at premium prices with cracked stocks, nearly unworkable bolts, corroded metal, and bores that look like so much bad road). One local place had a half dozen yugo mausers for $300 a piece that looked to be dangerous to shoot and the term "wallhanger" seemed overly generous at the time.

So...any users in the area that know of a good shop with a decent variety?

If you enjoyed reading about "Good Gun stores in the Central New York area?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Good Gun stores in the Central New York area?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!