What is your favorite tree stand?

PDA

WalkAbout
July 13, 2009, 08:28 PM
I just bought a Summit Viper last year and it's comfy as all get out. I tried a buddy's Tree Lounge last year too< and that was REALLY comfortable, but a complete MF'er to climb with. My vote right now is on the Viper. What do yall use? Does anyone change stands for bow/muzzeloader/rifle/shotgun season?

b

If you enjoyed reading about "What is your favorite tree stand?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jbkebert
July 13, 2009, 11:07 PM
I am not a fan of Summit tree stands in any configuration. I feel that they are to complicated to put together properly. The instructions are horrible and the climbers and the ladder stands seem flimsy to me. I have owned one and did not like it. I also attended a class last year put on the the TMA (treestand manufactures association) and we learned to set up just about every stand out there Summit remains to be a least favorite. My prefrence is ones made by Lone Wolf. The style depends on where and how you hunt. A climbing stand is pretty much worthless here in Kansas. Not to many trees straight enough to climb. I use ladder stands for rifle, muzzleloader, ect. Hang on stands are more suited for archery IMHO. Gorilla stands also makes pretty decent ladder stands at a fair price.

DRYHUMOR
July 14, 2009, 05:39 AM
Brent Hunt's Trophy Whitetail, or Elusive Whitetail.

You climb and sit facing the tree. The combo stands have a seat you can shift behind you for bow hunting. Light enough to carry for a 1/2 mile or so with no fatigue. When I was a bit more serious about hunting I had 5 out in the woods, so I could rotate where I sat. I've climbed these stands as high as 35-40'

There is another maker, whose name I can't recall that makes lean to ladder stands. They are 24' high to the seat. It takes 3 to 4 people to set then up. Ideal for setting up somewhere where you need to look over something, or get out of the scent zone.

CB's Lever Lock Stands, (I looked it up) in North Augusta GA.

Wirtbowhunter
July 14, 2009, 05:53 PM
I've used alot of climbers over the years. Most would fall into one of the following catagories-unsafe, uncomfortable, heavy. I found a new stand last year that didn't fall into any of them. I bought a Treewalker, it is the very comfortable, it is rock solid in the tree, very easy to climb with, and light. I'd give them a real good look if your looking for a good climber. A big plus is that they are still made in the USA.

BTW, I have a tree lounge for sale if your interested.

dullh
July 16, 2009, 09:32 PM
Just bought a Summit Viper SS. I was going to buy the Ultimate Viper SS but was advised by some the same size as me that I would regret it...no room side-to-side. That doesn't seem to be a problem with the plain old Viper SS. Got it Monday and took it 25' up a poplar in the back yard. Solid and stable while climbing and strapping on the tree was fast. Comfortable, too. I prefer to sit with my back to the tree. Now this fall we'll see how it feels after about 5 hours of sitting...

If you enjoyed reading about "What is your favorite tree stand?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!