Problem : need help with AR spring......

PDA

MIL-DOT
July 13, 2009, 09:35 PM
Tomorrow,I am taking an old car-15 to show to a freind that may buy it, and I took off the after-market pistol grip and replaced it with the original, when I noticed a tiny spring on the table (it's about an inch long, and a little thicker than a pencil lead). Then I noticed the selector lever didn't function properly, and I was able to pull it from the lower. I'm hoping someone can help with this, maybe forward a link to a diagram so I can replace it properly. Many thanks, as always.......M.

If you enjoyed reading about "Problem : need help with AR spring......" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
taliv
July 13, 2009, 09:41 PM
remove the grip. put the spring in the hole in the top. reinsert the selector.

look around on the floor or in the receiver or in the grip for a little metal piece known as a 'detent' that fits in the hole and is pointed on both ends

insert the detent into the hole of the same size in the receiver that is covered by the pistol grip

put the spring in the hole in the top of the pistol grip

reattach the pistol grip

MIL-DOT
July 13, 2009, 10:28 PM
Thanks Taliv, after coming here to consult the experts, I did a little Googling, and realized there was a missing piece (detent pin). It was,in fact,on the floor. Anyway, it all went together, all is well, thanks for the speedy and accurate response. M.

If you enjoyed reading about "Problem : need help with AR spring......" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!