Are there any WHITE rifles out there?

PDA

bigalexe
July 13, 2009, 09:37 PM
I know this is a complete mall ninja question to some but I have always liked the looks of things that appear CLEAN. I'd like to see if there is available a primarily WHITE rifle with either matching white or chrome/metallic barrel and receiver components.

I think a gun like that would just look awesome, I admire cleanliness and think something like that kept clean would just look pure awesome.

If you enjoyed reading about "Are there any WHITE rifles out there?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
farmallmta
July 13, 2009, 09:39 PM
Shoot, you can't even get Nurse Goodbody to do the white uniform look anymore. How could you expect a rifle to be produced in white?

ScareyH22A
July 13, 2009, 09:41 PM
Lemme guess... you're a Mac guy. :p

CYANIDEGENOCIDE
July 13, 2009, 09:42 PM
desert camo tan is all that comes to mind. check out lauerweaponry.com i think they have diamond plate scheme that sounds like what you are describing

mdThanatos
July 13, 2009, 09:43 PM
If they can do this, then someone can do all white.

http://www.riflegear.com/blogimages/KittyRifle.jpg

ugaarguy
July 13, 2009, 09:48 PM
DPMS Arctic Panther - http://www.dpmsinc.com/firearms/firearm.aspx?id=5

P.B.Walsh
July 13, 2009, 09:58 PM
you being a racist?? haha, I'd just use Krylon. :)

amlevin
July 13, 2009, 10:09 PM
Just remember that black is the color of BAD! You do want your rifle to look BAD don't you?

HorseSoldier
July 13, 2009, 10:11 PM
+1 on Krylon. You're $5 at Walmart away from whatever color rifle you want.

CajunBass
July 13, 2009, 10:17 PM
Classic Arms used to sell some fully chrome plated AK's and Mosin's IIRC. Only the wood wasn't. I don't know if they still have them or not.

hawmanai
July 13, 2009, 10:33 PM
mdThanatos beat me to it.

The HK AR15 was the first thing that popped into my head when I read the title.

Big_E
July 13, 2009, 11:09 PM
Here ya go. NRA AR-15 dedicated to Sarah Palin. Chambered in .50 Beowulf.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/7173/whitear.jpg

Very nice if I do say so myself.

**I was actually thinking about painting one of my synthetic hunting rifles white (with some other hints of foliage) however, it would be worthless right now because I don't yet live in a place where it snows.

P.B.Walsh
July 13, 2009, 11:18 PM
I'm starting to like white AR's!!! :)

farmallmta
July 14, 2009, 09:33 AM
A white rifle seems a bit French in concept to me.

Get the studly look of carrying a rifle with the safety of surrendering before the first shot.

Joe Demko
July 14, 2009, 10:56 AM
I have seen M1 Garand and 1903 Springfield rifles with white stocks and chrome plating used in parades. The American Legion and the VFW had a few like that in the small town where I grew up. I'd guess they were strictly parade rifles and couldn't be fired, though.

MCgunner
July 14, 2009, 10:59 AM
I have a stainless, sorta silver, not exactly "white", bolt gun. I don't own an AK or AR and have no desire, but knock yourself out if you like 'em. :D I've found it only takes one round from an accurate rifle.

Storm
July 14, 2009, 11:43 AM
The HK SL8 came in a gray version, and I'm told that the one sold in Germany was almost white.

MCgunner
July 14, 2009, 12:04 PM
Somebody makes a black/white zebra striped AR, I've seen it somewhere. But, maybe it was on Uncle Ted's outdoor channel show. Hey, best of both worlds, though.

Joe Demko
July 14, 2009, 12:14 PM
I think you should do as Horse Soldier and others have recommended and have at it with some krylon. Another option is to go someplace that sells archery stuff and buy a few spray cans of the easy-to-remove camo paint they sell for bows. You can spray your rifle white with that stuff to see if you really like it as much as you think you will. If not, one of the sales points for that stuff is that you can remove it very easily. If you do like it, you can use something more permanent.
Since a clean appearance is what attracts you in the first place, I think you will be disappointed with a white rifle. It won't take much firing, or even handling, for it to start looking grubby.

ClickClickD'oh
July 14, 2009, 12:26 PM
Duracoat (http://www.houtsenterprises.net/index.html)

It comes in white... and just about every other color ever. It's also pretty easy to do yourself as long as you can take down your firearm.

cratti
July 14, 2009, 01:09 PM
Springfield Armory also makes the SOCOM II in Urban Camo, but not white/chrome, sorry.

CoRoMo
July 14, 2009, 01:19 PM
You can always paint your rifle bright white.

http://www.huntingpictures.net/data/516/110M14_in_white-med.jpg

nyresq
July 14, 2009, 04:33 PM
Ted Nugent had a black and white zebra stripe bolt action in an issure of guns and ammo a few months back... looked pretty cool with the matching zebra stripe hat!

bigalexe
July 14, 2009, 04:37 PM
CoRomo hit the nail on the head just about. I like the black contrast now that I see it. Honestly the Sarah Palin gun isnt too bad just whatever that thing over the barrel is, it annoys me.

Durocoat or Krylon isnt a bad idea, its just i dont trust my ability to spray paint around accurately machined surfaces.

Im a bit of a snow person living in Michigan, so thats why a white arctic feeling rifle attracts me.

Big_E
July 14, 2009, 04:43 PM
Ah, you don't like the handguard of the Palin AR? I thought it was kinda cool. But to each his own. I also like the buttstock on it. Coromo's rifle is very nice looking. Something about white and black on a rifle seems so sci-fi to me and would be cool in snowy areas.

bigalexe
July 14, 2009, 04:48 PM
The hole pattern looks like polka dots to me. Maybe changed it to straight slots or something and im ok.

If you enjoyed reading about "Are there any WHITE rifles out there?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!