finally got my mech tech..

PDA

PT1911
July 14, 2009, 12:16 AM
I finally got a mech tech for my 1911's. Oh am I excited to take it for a spin... threw on a millet red dot for fast aquisition of those dangerous steel plates... anybody have any experience with these little beauties? to they like a certain ammunition , i have been told they are a bit picky with ammo. any truth to this?

If you enjoyed reading about "finally got my mech tech.." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Tim L
July 14, 2009, 01:07 AM
Congratulations!! I haven't had a problem with mine, every type of ammo I've tried has worked.

PT1911
July 14, 2009, 01:12 AM
thank you.. I hope to give it a run this week.... I will try some PMC so start and go from there...

Eightball
July 14, 2009, 01:14 AM
Any pictures?

DAVIDSDIVAD
July 14, 2009, 01:26 AM
Wow, that is cool.

PT1911
July 14, 2009, 01:33 AM
my new mech tech on top of my springfield.

highorder
July 14, 2009, 10:40 AM
boy those stocks are ugly.

Does someone make an adaptor for an AR tele-stock?

Kwanger
July 14, 2009, 11:26 AM
Nice - I often think about getting one for my G17. How long did it take for you to get it from when you placed the order?

Col. Plink
July 14, 2009, 11:53 AM
Be sure to post info on how you find its fit, performance, overall cost/benefit analysis. I've had my eye on these little wonders for some time now but just can't figure out if what they add offsets the cost. I have a 7.62x39 carbine, but was interested to find out mech tech will be making their CCU's for Springfield XD's. Let us know what you think of yours as you break it in and learn its ways. Thanks!

tunnug
July 14, 2009, 12:03 PM
I bought one when they were only available for 1911's years ago, I've never had any problems with it and with the red dot it's been one of my wife's favorite guns, point and shoot, low recoil and accurate out to about 50-60 yrds, never tried to see what it'll do out farther.

DAVIDSDIVAD
July 14, 2009, 12:51 PM
boy those stocks are ugly.

Does someone make an adaptor for an AR tele-stock?

Yeah, if you go to the website that is an option.

CZ223
July 14, 2009, 05:45 PM
I hope you like it a lot. I had the chance to shoot a friends a couple years ago and it was fun.:D I have recently been thinking it might be fun to have one. Let us know how it shoots. I don't know if I would go for the 1911 conversion or the Glock conversion. I am curious to know how yours performs with your Taurus as that is what I have for a 1911 right now.

BP44
July 14, 2009, 08:00 PM
I picked one up a few months back for my glock and it has been a hoot! It feeds everything I have fed it and it loves my reloads which are 124 Gr. LRN that are run at fairly low speed. with WWB i have shot it at 75 yds off the bench and can keep them all well within a 5" group.

The only down side that I have found is the thing is HEAVY, and to make it worse all of the weight is out front. I do have the quad rail on it and the telestock so i think i brought it on myself:o

overall i love it

PT1911
July 15, 2009, 08:20 PM
I think it is pretty awesome... still havent had the chance to take it for a spin... it is pretty heavy, but I dont mind it...i imagine it willl obsorb the recoil quite well... I will update when I get to the range some time this or next week..

If you enjoyed reading about "finally got my mech tech.." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!