Is there such a thing as bad (SKS) ammo?

PDA

Nick_007
July 14, 2009, 05:44 PM
You'll have to forgive my greeness, but someone's selling ammo for my rifle by me, and it seems to be a good deal. $250 for 1000 rounds. I live in the NY area where firearms stuff is super expensive.

Is there such thing as bad ammo? Why do I get the feeling I'm about to buy some useless ammo and throwing 250 dollars in the trash. The listing says romanian hotshot. My sks is romanian too if that makes a difference.

If you enjoyed reading about "Is there such a thing as bad (SKS) ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
montess85
July 14, 2009, 06:38 PM
I have an SKS...I also live in NY...I shoot whatever is cheapest.....My rifle performs fine with whatever I run through it (mainly wolf)....Accuracy may vary but then again its an SKS and it will never be AR accurate....I would buy it....

Shadow 7D
July 14, 2009, 06:52 PM
Um, seeing how several million rounds of 7.62 soviet were made by several countries (30,40,50?) for over 50 years, I am sure that there are lots of bad rounds. Most military surplus round are unreloadable, steel cased, jacketed in a gliding allow that contains iron. Most importantly, they are corrosive, which requires a little different cleaning EVERY time you shoot. So if you found a case for $250, thats great, used to be that you could pick up two K for a $100.

If you enjoyed reading about "Is there such a thing as bad (SKS) ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!