Got a funny gun story?

PDA

61chalk
July 14, 2009, 06:18 PM
A long time ago I read, believe it was in Readers Digest, about a man's wife saving back money. She decided to hide the cash down the barrels of her
husbands double barrel shotgun hid away in the closet. One day the guy decides to go rabbit hunting......rabbit jumps up an he fires an $200.00 in cash, or what was left of it, came shooting out! Believe they where able to take the mess to the bank an collect back most of it in better condition.
Just thought of this today for some reason an wondered if any THR members might have a good story to tell as well...?

If you enjoyed reading about "Got a funny gun story?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DasFriek
July 14, 2009, 07:35 PM
I kinda have one.
When i was younger and into drinking at local niehborhood bars for hours on end i had one occasion i had to take a #2 real bad.It was a small bathroom with 1 toilet and 1 urinal,so i took my spot on the toilet and proceded to my business.
As im sitting there the lights go out and i hear screaming,then "BANG BANG BANG" and flashes of light following each bang.Needless to say i was cought with my pants down while the world was coming down around me,i hit the floor and crammed myself next to the toilet and wall.Suddenly the lights come on and i hear laughter like i never had before.It seems my Uncle who was there had one of his friends throw a pack of firecrackers in the bathroom.I was too happy to be alive to be mad and went back to my beer.

kentucky bucky
July 14, 2009, 10:30 PM
I know this dumb guy that used to place a cartridge in his S&W revolver really quick on the far side of the cylinder's firing position and scare people and make them jump by snapping the trigger. He would aim it at the floor, but it was still extremely stupid and luckily I only saw him do it once and stayed clear after that. He was even in the law enforcement field in a small town and if anybody should know better, he should've. Well.......one day an unsuspecting fellow came in and started talking and mentioned he had bought a new snubby. Well the Idiot said he wanted to look at it. When the guy handed it to him, he removed all but one cartridge and slapped it closed and pointed it down and pulled the trigger. You know what happened next.....he proceeded to shoot himself in the leg and foot with shards of a smashed bullet. You see the revolver his had this time was a Colt and the cylinder rotates in the opposite direction!!:eek: He never did it again, though!!!!!!

25cschaefer
March 6, 2011, 04:48 PM
I was going to go coyote hunting after church this morning so I got dressed, not concerned about camo because my buddy had a set of whites for me. I loaded the car (I was going to ride with my friend up the mountain) with all my cold weather gear, ammo and my dad's rifle, a Remington 700 22-250 (fluted bull barrel heavy stock 14 power scope and bipods) and ammo. On the way out the door the wife wanted me to pick up a few things at the hardware store so I figured I would stop on my way out. I wear glasses so I usually don't wear sunglasses but it was very bright with the snow this morning so I put some RX Wiley Xs on and forgot my regular glasses at home. I got to Lowe's and picked up; a new dead bolt, rented a carpet cleaner, bought latex gloves for the cleaner and one of those blue painter's suits. I walked back to the car and set everything on the ground by the trunk, opened it and realized I would have to rearrange some things, most notably the rifle (that I did not have in a case), so I looked around and quickly layed it in the back seat to cover up with a blanket later. Now I am always prepared and carry alot of stuff in the trunk, rope, boots, a tarp and a Pelican case full of survival stuffs (getting stranded in MT can be bad) I took my usual trunk pack out and set it on the ground. Next I laid the tarp out to put the carpet cleaner in so as not to dirty the wife's car. Just as I picked up a tire iron and my neoprene face mask, I hear a gasp and, "Oh my gosh!" I looked up at a terrified woman, there I was, black 511 tactical pants, black turtleneck, gloves, tarp, rope, a carpet cleaner, new deadbolt, Pelican case full of who knows what, painter's suit, and the stereo typical assassin's rifle. I knew exactly what she meant, I said the only thing I could think of, "It's not what it looks like!" She reached in her purse and pulled a cell phone, "No, no no I swear!" I said franticly. Just then her husband walked around the end of their truck, I was relieved, he was an acquaintance. "Hey how's it going', you gonna go shoot some dogs?" his wife shot a look at him like he was crazy. I said, "ya but I think your wife thinks something else." Her finger was still pointed at the 9, she was confused and asked me in a shaky voice, "If you are going coyote hunting, what's the pistol for!?" I looked down, my shirt had snagged on my CC, I shrugged with the gator and tire iron still in hand, "Two legged pests." If the pistol was all she was conserned about...

shep854
March 6, 2011, 05:42 PM
From the Kansas City Star
Would-be robbers end up losing money as stickup goes wrong

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/02/18/2666368/would-be-robbers-end-up-losing.html#ixzz1FrUv83RP

By CHRISTINE VENDEL
The Kansas City Star

Two men Thursday used an unloaded revolver to try to rob a Northland gun store, even though the clerk wore a shoulder holster with a semiautomatic handgun in plain view.

[Deleted Copyrighted Material]

----
Pay special attention to the highlighted parts!:eek::D

ol' scratch
March 6, 2011, 05:58 PM
My father-in-law took a little Savage .22 to a gun show. He didn't have a case for it and had it in the back of my car. As we were cleaning out the car after the show, two Jehovah's Witnesses walked up behind us. They got as far as "Excuse me sir." He just happened to have the .22 in his hands when he turned around. He said in a rather gruff voice, "I'm busy." They replied,"That's ok sir, we understand." They walked off in a quick fashion and seemed rather alarmed.

He looked at me and asked, "What was that all about?" I replied, "Look in your hand." I laughed hysterically and said, "They probably think you are about to take care of a problem." He didn't even realize the rifle was in his hand at the time. Oddly enough, Jehovah's Witnesses don't visit anymore.

Sky
March 6, 2011, 06:31 PM
Combat assaults all day and we were returning to our base. Huge elephant in the open. Clearance was received and orders were issued to engage the Elephant. 3 rockets (H.E.) were fired at the Elephant and Delta 21 missed with all 3. He never will live that down. Close to a 2 second burst of 7.62 mini was used and the Elephant sat down.

Possum said cease fire and moved the bird to within maybe 10 feet with the rotor blades over lapping the animal. He pulled out his Army issue 38 and shot the Elephant between the eyes. The elephant fell over dead. For the next several months he bragged how he had killed an Elephant with his 38.

To this day and with all the things I have seen, killing the Elephant still bothers me as much as anything. We were told there were no friendly Elephants in our AO. They were supposedly used to pull and hump heavy stuff down from the north.

Hk Dan
March 6, 2011, 06:39 PM
If you shoot matches for any length of time you wind up with a ton of good stories. Here is one of my favs: A guy is shooting his highly customized 1911 on a stage and the barrel bushing and guide rod fly out the front end, actually hitting the target he was aiming at. (We figger they made major even given the slow FPS). Billy decides to break out his back up gun, but rather than shoot THAT, he's going to take the barrel bushing and guide rod out of it and shoot his highly modified one instead. You guessed it, both flew out of the replacement gun and into the tall grass of the side berm next to our safety area. Now Billy has 2 high end 1911s and no barrel bushings or guide rods.

He declined my offer to shoot a GLOCK for the remainder of the match...<Heh heh heh>
Dan

shep854
March 6, 2011, 10:32 PM
Sam1911, thanks for keeping me out of trouble; I thought that citing the source would satisfy copyright requirements. Lesson learned.

dirtykid
March 7, 2011, 01:25 PM
I wasnt there but i stopped by a buddy's place 1-night a couple years ago to see how his 1st day of Buck-opener went,, sitting by the table was his REM-870 with an odd , jagged mass of steel about 2-inches behind fore-grip,, turns out he stumbled crossing a fence line and stuffed his barrel into dirt,,, well you know the rest of story,, here comes big-ol' buck he pulls up and BOOM !! I told him he's lucky to still have his face intact !!

61chalk
March 7, 2011, 04:50 PM
I forgot I started this thread so long ago!!! Good stories guys...Back around 1981 my friend got an put together a Navy muzzleloader....he knew how much powder to use, an putting the ball down....an thats it...we fire it about 5 times, each time it got harder to put the ball down....on the 6th reload the ramrod broke trying to get the ball down. It was only down about half way, my Dad had a steel rod from work an it fit the barrel, but it needed help.....my friend used a hammer an finally drove the ball down. "Are you sure you want to shoot that?" I asked....he did...my girlfriend an I watch as he took aim at a telephone pole about 30 yds away, aiming at a tin stamping about 3"X3" on the pole.....BOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!! the gun exploded out of his hands an into pieces, an my friend was standing there with his hands holding a gun that wasn't there anymore, he wore big glasses (thankfully) an they had been blown off, his face was black, except where his glasses had been...."Are you OK?"......"Ya....wheres my gun?"....O how we cracked up...I walked over to the pole as my friend regrouped an started looking for parts of his muzzle loader...the ball had came out an hit the piece of tin dead center!!!......"Hey Mark, I think its sighted in."......lol.

If you enjoyed reading about "Got a funny gun story?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!