Canadian whitetail hunting

PDA

TexasEd
July 14, 2009, 09:33 PM
Looking at going to western Canada (Saskatchwa) I have a 270 308, and a 30-06. I was thinking of upping the anti a little and checking out a Remington 7600 in 35 Whelen. I know they are not in production with the whelen however I have a few pump rifles I can buy. Some say the shooting can get long and the deer can get very big. Others purport that it's shooting inside a 100. My thought was that the 35 would give solid performace out to 250 and have a big payload when it gets there. Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Canadian whitetail hunting" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
homers
July 14, 2009, 09:38 PM
You already have three perfect deer cartridges that will drop deer from point blank out to 300-400 yards.

Matrix187
July 14, 2009, 10:26 PM
I really don't see a point... I know people here in Montana (the deer are basically the same size as canadian deer) that use .270s for bull elk, mule deer/whitetails, and even moose with a well placed shot. Just use anything you have there. They all will do fine.

dubbleA
July 14, 2009, 11:30 PM
Any of the mentioned cartridges in the OP will do fine.
I have been up there many times and contrary to popular belief, there's not a "booner" behind every tree and they are not bullet proof either.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Canadian whitetail hunting" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!