weatherby vs. remington

PDA

destroyerbear
July 14, 2009, 10:04 PM
uhm, i was looking at rifles i was interested in buying, and i was mostly interested in the remington 700 sps tactical and a weatherby vangaurd both in .308. i was wondering if anyone could tell me reasonably which would be better. im wanting it to long range shoot and possibly hunt with. wanting accuracy and under 600$

If you enjoyed reading about "weatherby vs. remington" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kingpin008
July 14, 2009, 10:08 PM
DB - we have a section of this forum specifically devoted to rifles - you'd really be better off asking this over there.

Don't bother making a new post over there though - at the bottom left of your original post, there should be a little icon that looks like an exclamation point inside a red triangle. Click that, and it will bring you to a box you can type in. If you request that this thread be moved to the appropriate section, a Moderator will take care of it for you.

Good luck!

P.B.Walsh
July 14, 2009, 10:55 PM
MANY GREAT reveiws on the SPS Tac. www.snipercentral.com

He has a good reveiw on the SPS, and posibly the Vanguard.

Hope it works out for you! :)

Arkel23
July 15, 2009, 12:10 AM
The Vanguard would probably be better, it has proven accuracy, and you might get one that shoots Sub-MOA, so go with the Vanguard.

ArmedBear
July 15, 2009, 12:12 AM
I'd pick the Vanguard as a hunting rifle (I have a Vanguard Sporter). It's accurate and has a locking bolt (which I consider a must-have for hunting).

For a target rifle, the Tactical offers more, but I wouldn't choose it for hunting.

WNTFW
July 15, 2009, 12:22 AM
They share the same scope base. Both have long leade to rifling.
Both are nice. I think the Remington has the edge due simply to popularity.
The barrel profiles will be different. Kind of depends a bit on what Vangaurd model also.

My brother ended up with a Vanguard & is a bit impressed by it. He has an older 700, before synthetic was common.

PM sent with some more details

If you enjoyed reading about "weatherby vs. remington" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!