Thickest recoil pad

PDA

Paradiddle
July 16, 2009, 03:30 PM
I want to lengthen the pull on a rifle by adding a thicker recoil pad. Who make a good soft thick recoil pad that works? I know the limbsavers are about 1" thick but the 2 or 3 I've used didn't impress me. Anyone else?

I like the thick one Marlin is putting on their XL7 rifle.

Jeff

If you enjoyed reading about "Thickest recoil pad" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Maverick223
July 16, 2009, 07:22 PM
Take a look at these...http://www.morganrecoilpad.com/servlet/Categories?category=Premium+Adjustable+Recoil+Pads. They look like a nice adjustable pad that will allow for a better fit. I have considered getting one myself, but have no experience with them...yet. :)

hoghunting
July 17, 2009, 02:00 AM
You can check Kick-Eez as they have some pads that are 1 3/8" thick, and all of their pads work very well.

Lone_Gunman
July 17, 2009, 02:02 AM
I think PAST is the brand I have. It works good.

dakotasin
July 17, 2009, 02:05 AM
i've got several brands and my favorite right now is the kick-eeze.

i do have a morgan pad... it is kind of weird, and doesn't do much for recoil absorption. neat concept, but doesn't do much for me.

Paradiddle
July 17, 2009, 12:28 PM
Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Thickest recoil pad" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!