Letter to Barbera Boxer

PDA

casey b
July 16, 2009, 02:35 PM
I just got this in my email

HEAR, HEAR! FORWARD THIS FAR AND WIDE!!!!
H OO A H !

Quite a letter to Barbara Boxer from a retired military officer . . .

Babs:

You were so right on when you scolded the general on TV for using the
term,
"ma'am," instead of "Senator." After all, in the military, "ma'am" is a
term of
respect when addressing a female of superior rank or position.

The general was totally wrong. You are not a person of superior rank or
position. You are a member of one of the world's most corrupt
organizations,
the U.S. Senate, equaled only by the U.S. House of Representatives.

Congress is a cesspool of liars, thieves, inside traders, traitors, drunks
(one
who killed a staffer, yet is still revered), criminals, and other low
level
swine who, as individuals (not all, but many), will do anything to
enhance
their lives, fortunes and power, all at the expense of the People of the
United
States and its Constitution, in order to be continually re-elected. Many
democrats even want American troops killed by releasing photographs. How
many of
you could honestly say, "We pledge our lives, our fortunes and our sacred
honor"? None? One? Two?

Your reaction to the general shows several things. First is your abysmal
ignorance of all things militaire. Your treatment of the general shows you
to be
an elitist of the worst kind. When the general entered the military (as
most of
us who served) he wrote the government a blank check, offering his life to
protect your derriere now safely and comfortably ensconced in a
multi-thousand
dollar leather chair, paid for by the general's taxes. You repaid him for
this
by humiliating him in front of millions.

Second is your puerile character, lack of sophistication, and arrogance
which
borders on the hubristic. This display of brattish behavior shows you to
be a
virago, termagant, harridan, nag, scold or shrew, unfit for your position,
regardless of the support of the unwashed, uneducated masses who have made
California into the laughing stock of the nation.

What I am writing, Senator, are the same thoughts countless millions of
Americans have toward Congress, but who lack the energy, ability or time
to
convey them. Under the democrats, some don't even have the 44 cents to buy
the
stamp. Regardless of their thoughts, most realize politicians are pretty
much
the same, and will vote for the one who will bring home the most bacon,
even if
they do consider how corrupt that person is.

Lord Acton (1834 - 1902) so aptly charged, "Power tends to corrupt and
absolute
power corrupts absolutely." Unbeknownst to you and your colleagues, Mr.
Power has
had his way with all of you, and we are all the worse for it.

Finally Senator, I, too, have a title. It is "Right Wing Extremist
Potential
Terrorist Threat." It is not of my choosing, but was given to me by your
Secretary of Homeland Security, Janet Napolitano.

And you were offended by "ma'am"?

Have a day. Cheers!

Bill Schoonover
3096 Angela Lane
Oak Harbor, WA 98277
360-675-3609

If you enjoyed reading about "Letter to Barbera Boxer" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kingpin008
July 16, 2009, 02:40 PM
First of all, her name is spelled Barbara, not Barbera. People usually like it when you're able to spell their name right before taking them to task.

Secondly, that letter is NOT going to open anyone's eyes, or change anyone's mind. Insulting the adressee is a great way to get yourself ignored. It's also what five-year-olds do.

So no, I won't be "spreading it far and wide", because it's a pi**-poor example of how one should conduct themselves when they hope to get a point across.

And by the way, this isn't really on topic for Legal...

TCB in TN
July 16, 2009, 03:01 PM
So no, I won't be "spreading it far and wide", because it's a pi**-poor example of how one should conduct themselves when they hope to get a point across.

Personally I disagree, Ms. Boxer has shown herself to be far beneath the office she holds (as have many in congress). Pleasantries will not work with her (nor will any other method) , and honestly I am just about as tired of hearing the self serving crap the she and most others in Washington keep serving us. While to seriously doubt the letter will do ANYTHING, I have no problem with either the tone or the content.

BTW while I really could care less about spelling, one should be careful to spell things correctly when taking others to task for their spelling!

(adressee should be addressee)

JohnnyOrygun
July 16, 2009, 03:19 PM
Hear, Hear!

John E.
July 16, 2009, 03:36 PM
If I were a Senator participating in a public hearing as part of my official duties, I would prefer to be addressed by what would be my correct title for the occasion, "Senator".

I would not fault Senator Barbara Boxer for having a similar preference.

On a more humorous note, does anyone else recall the hearing where a General addressed then-Senator Hillary Clinton as "Sir" and then very quickly corrected himself? Awkward!

John E.
July 16, 2009, 03:48 PM
I need to download "Crayon font" for just these sorts of maniac, rambling e-mail rants.

kingpin008
July 16, 2009, 04:23 PM
Personally I disagree, Ms. Boxer has shown herself to be far beneath the office she holds (as have many in congress).

Agreed.

Pleasantries will not work with her (nor will any other method)

Once more, agreed. However - as I said, the content of the letter posted by the OP is filled with the sort of pointless, childish name-calling that the good Senator expects from "our sort". Why reinforce that perception? Even if your enemy percieves you to be a fool, you should have enough sense to not act the part - after all, others may be watching and judging you by the way you conduct yourself.

And I'm sorry to say, if I were to judge the author of that letter to Sen. Boxer, I'd say he's a pretty immature individual.

and honestly I am just about as tired of hearing the self serving crap the she and most others in Washington keep serving us.

As am I. The difference is that I spend my time and energy attempting to argue my position with logic and a cool head, rather than missives full of ugly-stupid-doo-doo-head nonsense.

While to seriously doubt the letter will do ANYTHING, I have no problem with either the tone or the content.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one then. :)

BTW while I really could care less about spelling, one should be careful to spell things correctly when taking others to task for their spelling!

Well played, good Sir. :o

kingpin008
July 16, 2009, 04:27 PM
If I were a Senator participating in a public hearing as part of my official duties, I would prefer to be addressed by what would be my correct title for the occasion, "Senator".

I would not fault Senator Barbara Boxer for having a similar preference.

This.

I'm a culinary student, and as such I work under and am instructed by Chefs. One of those Chefs is just about the biggest jerk I've ever met. Once classes are over for the day and we're back in street clothes, I won't even say good afternoon to the man. However, when he's in the kitchen, I address him as Chef, because like it or not, he's earned that title. I may not agree with him or his methods, but I understand that there is a difference between the title and the man who holds it.

rbernie
July 16, 2009, 04:36 PM
Not THR content.

If you enjoyed reading about "Letter to Barbera Boxer" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!