Foreend disassembly

PDA

kestak
July 16, 2009, 04:37 PM
Greetings,

I know how to remove the fore end (or called front guard) of a CAR-15 by pulling on the ring near the receiver.

But I have in my hands an RRA varminter with the free floating metal fore end and I have no idea how to remove it. I need to dissassemble it to install an adapter on the swivel to attach my UTG bipod.

Any video or anyone can explain to me how to remove that fore end?

Thank you

If you enjoyed reading about "Foreend disassembly" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
aloharover
July 16, 2009, 05:46 PM
Most likely its their two peice tube.
The aluminum tube screws onto the barrel nut. usually you can just make out the seem where the two pieces join, just in front of the receiver.
The few that I have doen have all been lcok-tited or otherwise glued in place. A real PITA to remove. Basically the tube unscrews, but it can take a lot of torque to get it started.

Place the upper inside an approriate vise block and use a heavy duty strap wrench.

kestak
July 17, 2009, 07:10 AM
Greetings,

Thank you very much! Thanks God, I found out the UTG system goes over the swivel. I did not have to remove the handguard.

For Lock-tite stuff, I use an hair dryer to warm it. It soften the Lock-Tite and makes the removal a lot easier. Sadly, often companies use the "permanent" lock-Tite (I think it is the red instead of the blue).

Thank you

If you enjoyed reading about "Foreend disassembly" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!